Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team Dos Santos' Episode 1 Recap *SPOILERS*

Thanks
    not too bad. bailey was a little disappointing. he pulled the lay nad pray for the first win. hopefully that ws just to get his feet in the door and next time hell bust loose. i think he has a lot of potential though. even the german guy that lost had decent hands, just couldnt stay on his feet. WRESTLING!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

and i was actaully pretty impressed/surprised with lesnar last night. but theres too many episodes left.
    GIVE BLOOD - TRAIN MMA

The sometimes crass behavior of victorious fighters should be no surprise -- they are high on powerful drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by BortnikBox View Post
    Dana White is cool. He DMed me on twitter in response to a tweet I made. And thats the way to my heart. That and cupcakes. And whores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Davie View Post
    It's like overcompensating for your own shortcomings.
    Chuck, Wandy, Franklin, Carwin, Fedor, GSP, Ken-flo, Couture, Lytle, Griffin, Shogun, Hendo, Big Country, Bones Jones, Barry

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Thanks
    Lesnar is going to have to carry the show. JDS's lack of english just makes it hard for him to have much of an impact. He's a really nice guy but he's going to be in Brock's shadow for multiple reasons and most of those reasons are valid. And Brock did fine, I agree but lets see if he has to handle 0-2, that might make him pop.

And I agree, the first fight was horrible. So much for the "ww are more exciting than hw" saying, that was 10 minutes of lay n pray to the extreme.

Thanks
    I don't agree the first fight was horrible. . Bailey tried to advance his position the whole time. . The german guy was cagey I thought. . just got overpowered. . they both had good cardio. . Thought it was entertaining. . no there wasn't 2 pints of blood and an eyeball left in the ring, but it was an okay fight. . . for starters. . . Junior seems to be a happy fellow. . . I liked him. .

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 955 Posts
    Maybe not "horrible" but neither guy "left it" in the cage which doesn't make Dana much of a fan. And as one guy said, it is a job interview and both guys sucked in their first interview with Dana.

Sent from Tapa @7305 feet.
    Don't call it a comeback...

Thanks
    No they didn't leave it all in the cage. . but you have to consider, the winner of each fight will be fighting multiple times in 5 1/2 weeks. . I think you need to be somewhat conservative trying not to take alot damage or taking big risks. . I think if they fought to get into the house to begin with would have been way more interesting. . but you get fighters dropping out due to injuries doing that. . Big Country was conservative and Dana rode him for it. . .but. . look who won all the marbles in the end. . . .

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    True that Flop but this was also the first fight, these 2 guys will most likely have the longest time to recover and there is always that 8th spot you are trying to be part of if you do get beat. Neither one of these two if they lost would have been considered for that 8th spot IMO. As far a Roy, he was a huge vet going into it and by far the best fighter in there, I think he had more room to work. But, it was only 1 fight, I'm sure (hope) they will get better.

Thanks
    I remember a while back I had simply questioned JDS's ability to speak English well enough to be able to coach effectively and so many people jumped down my throat (not here, but just in general).

It was funny to me to listen to JDS admit on the show that he can't even go up to the fighters to assess them by simply having a conversation with them. That problem will get worse as the show goes on I think. Mind you...he does have a team of coaches, so maybe it won't matter.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,698 Posts
    I wasn't impressed with the first fight... the projected best guy for JDS against the last pick for Brock, to me it was a boring fight and a bad indication of things to come for this season of TUF.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    I was expecting more from Bailey, during their tryouts and workouts on the show, he looked like the best guy but we shall see. It HAS to be better than the HW season, god please be better than that.

Thanks
    I still think Bailey did the smart thing. . he won the fight without taking damage. . now he goes into the second round of fights with the most rest and unhurt. . barring a training injury he's looking pretty good right now. . You have to have a gameplan for the entire show and going toe to toe in a ten minute brawl isn't the plan I'd choose for the first round. ..