Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMA CRYPT ****OFFICIAL****TOP 10 fighter rankings - march 2013

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperJacob View Post
    On the whole these are some of the most solid rankings I've seen.
    The only problem I have is where Edgar ranks, but I guess that's something a lot of people debate. Personally I judge Edgar's ranking on the performance against Aldo - I believe he should have got the nod but he undoubtedly won 2 rounds at the very least. Whereas Chad Mendes and Cub Swanson both got knocked out by Aldo in the first round in their respective bouts.
    Does that not prove that Edgar should rank higher? Or should it be based on beating other guys? It's tough to call. For me Edgar should come second because he's proven himself against the best 145lb fighter in the world whereas Swanson and Mendes haven't beat anyone significant of late (perhaps Poirier though this was short notice).
    In the UFC's official rankings Edgar is 10th P4P but about 4th/5th at FW, where's the sense in that? Haha. He can't be below Mendes, Lamas... at FW but above them P4P.

EDIT: There's no way Lamas can be below Swanson - Lamas destroyed Swanson just over a year ago. Lamas should be at least 4th.
    This is one of the reasons that I don't agree with P4P rankings, like you say if he is ranked above fellow FWs in P4P then he should be above them in FW ranking aswell

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AaronP95 For This Useful Post:

Jacob Cooper (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    At the same time with Edgar, he has 1 fight at 145 and it was a loss......not many guys get ranked highly on that record, but I get what you are saying.

Since the Lamas loss Swanson has beaten 4 top guys convincingly, 3 by KO. But yes, Lamas has also beaten Koch and Hioki.........all backs up my earlier statement, 145 is a fucking deep division just now!
    Exactly mate, that's what makes MMA rankings so subjective. Even the UFC themselves don't get them spot on.

Re: Lamas, I think the fact he beat Hioki and Koch who were arguably both #2 at the end on top of beating Swanson previously means he should be higher up. Once again, an argument can be made against it as Swanson has beaten Oliveira, Pearson and Poirier but the fact remains that Lamas was the better fighter in their fight.

145lbs is the most exciting division out there for me.
    Co-editor for cagepages.com, big fan of Frankie Edgar and Robbie Lawler, and Philosophy student at university.

"How's taste my pee pee?"

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,883 Times in 5,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperJacob View Post
    Exactly mate, that's what makes MMA rankings so subjective. Even the UFC themselves don't get them spot on.

Re: Lamas, I think the fact he beat Hioki and Koch who were arguably both #2 at the end on top of beating Swanson previously means he should be higher up. Once again, an argument can be made against it as Swanson has beaten Oliveira, Pearson and Poirier but the fact remains that Lamas was the better fighter in their fight.

145lbs is the most exciting division out there for me.
    Me too, love the 145'rs just now.....it didn't need Pettis, but that just made the division even deeper!
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,883 Times in 5,111 Posts
    bump
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,136 Times in 5,133 Posts
    The problem with ranking Frankie Edgar higher than he is, is he has not won a fight at 145.....I don't believe he beat Aldo. I think Edgar is a very soft ranking, meaning 1 win in the division catipults him to 2 or 3.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Just comparing some rankings with another site:

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan