Matt Brown vs. Tim Means
    John Howard vs. Cathal Pendred
    Alex Garcia vs. Mike Swick
    Henry Briones vs. Cody Garbrandt

Fight Pass prelims

Neil Seery vs. Louis Smolka
    Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Cody Pfister

How to Watch? - Fight Pass Prelims Prelims Main Card

McGregor was set to take on Jose Aldo for the UFC Featherweight title, very large media tour was done to promote this epic battle. I believe this was the biggest UFC media tour in the history of the UFC. An injury however forced Jose Aldo out of the fight. Chad Mendes took the fight on short notice, under two weeks notice. Not only that, but the Ruthless one Robbie Lawler took on Rory MacDonald who many believed was the next GSP. This fight was arguably one of the greatest fights in the Octagon. They met once before, with Lawler wining their first fight by split decision. This time, it was for the title and a bloody war raged on.

Decided on this one because there was no other suggestions and this one is a personal favourite of mine. It had a special kind of aura about it, and the entrances were one of those reasons. Such a fantastic event.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,817 Times in 5,050 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If I get a chance I'll chime in.......stuff going on for me just now though.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,983 Times in 4,993 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do remember at the time that Mendes was considered a big threat to Conor
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,098 Posts
    This event will be known as "2 week camp" Mendes and of course Joe Riggs and his promise to cut something off if Mcgregor won.

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This was probably the best MMA event in history imo. First time seeing McGregor fight a wrestler and McGregor destroyed him with strikes.The first legit test for McGregor. This was the fight that will have destroyed Rory's career. I say that because I don't for a second believe he'll ever get over this fight.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The Mendes fight did show a glaring weakness in Conor's game, his wrestling and lack of quality TD defence
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    The Mendes fight did show a glaring weakness in Conor's game, his wrestling and lack of quality TD defence
    I thought the same thing, he was taking down way to easily, even tho Chad is a very good wrestler Mcgregor is the bigger man and thought he would be able to defend better. That's why I was worried about him moving up and facing a guy like RDA.

Some of that might have been due to the fact he was expecting to face a totally different fighter in Aldo.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I thought the same thing, he was taking down way to easily, even tho Chad is a very good wrestler Mcgregor is the bigger man and thought he would be able to defend better. That's why I was worried about him moving up and facing a guy like RDA.

Some of that might have been due to the fact he was expecting to face a totally different fighter in Aldo.
    RDA would have been a dangerous fight for him for that reason, a relentless desire to get the fight to the ground.....I do think if Conor faces a guy with good TD's and a striking game at 155 or 170 he is in some serious trouble
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    RDA would have been a dangerous fight for him for that reason, a relentless desire to get the fight to the ground.....I do think if Conor faces a guy with good TD's and a striking game at 155 or 170 he is in some serious trouble
    I really hope he is done with 170, there are a lot bigger ww's then Diaz, he has lots to do at 155 and maybe even 145 should a fight interest him there.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I really hope he is done with 170, there are a lot bigger ww's then Diaz, he has lots to do at 155 and maybe even 145 should a fight interest him there.
    agreed, 170 is just bad for him.........155 with the right matchmaking, which I'm sure they'll (UFC) impose, Conor could hold the title for a while......not like how he's held the 145 title for a while, but by ACTUALLY defending the 155 strap against some hand picked guys
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan