Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community MMA Re-Watch: UFC 189: Mendes vs McGregor

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    The Mendes fight did show a glaring weakness in Conor's game, his wrestling and lack of quality TD defence
    And look where McGreogr is now. Yeah it showed a hole in his game, so did the Nate fight where he actually lost. But he was able to stuff takedowns against Alvarez and Diaz. Diaz has improved his take downs over the years and Eddie has great wrestling.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    agreed, 170 is just bad for him.........155 with the right matchmaking, which I'm sure they'll (UFC) impose, Conor could hold the title for a while......not like how he's held the 145 title for a while, but by ACTUALLY defending the 155 strap against some hand picked guys
    Hand picked guys? He's either fighting Fergusson or Kabib next at 155 and both guys are on big win streaks against good guys in the UFC. Dana even mentioned it might be Kabib next which could be a bad matchup for anybody....if he fights either one of those guys are you still going to say he's "ducking" people?

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,161 Times in 5,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    And look where McGreogr is now. Yeah it showed a hole in his game, so did the Nate fight where he actually lost. But he was able to stuff takedowns against Alvarez and Diaz. Diaz has improved his take downs over the years and Eddie has great wrestling.
    Nate has average TD's at best and Eddie shot from a distance and never set up his TD's at all....I don't think Conor was tested at all by any legit TD threats outside of Mendes
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,161 Times in 5,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Hand picked guys? He's either fighting Fergusson or Kabib next at 155 and both guys are on big win streaks against good guys in the UFC. Dana even mentioned it might be Kabib next which could be a bad matchup for anybody....if he fights either one of those guys are you still going to say he's "ducking" people?
    I'm not saying he's ducking anyone, but until he actually fights either Fergusson or Khabib I don't believe they'll be next, and when I say hand picked, I mean stylistically....I still believe the UFC will give him the most favorable matchup as they possibly can stylistically. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Nathan get the next shot.................Dana can tell me to my face Khabib is getting the next shot but until I see them both inside the octagon, I won't believe a word he says
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    Merc, can you start doing these again? Are these just free for the week or something? This is a great idea!
    Those Who Love Praise more Than Correction Are Not Likely To Get Either One. -V. Featherstone

Welcome to the MMACrypt! Be sure to check out the RULES!

Thanks
    i'm in no position to ask either Merc, you're call but this is a cool idea!
    Those Who Love Praise more Than Correction Are Not Likely To Get Either One. -V. Featherstone

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA Guru View Post
    Merc, can you start doing these again? Are these just free for the week or something? This is a great idea!
    At the moment I can't because I've got work that's been built up (Not on me, on my shitty assessors) and learning driving theory, so that's the priority for this month. Only stopped doing it after 2 because didn't seem to be enough interest. But after this month I could re-think it.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hired_Merc For This Useful Post:

MMA Guru (03-13-2017)

Thanks
    Don't do it just on my account, but I'd love it! Thanks again man!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,892 Times in 5,119 Posts
    Didn't want to start another thread, but as I'm bored and there is no football on TV today, I've stuck on UFC 66 to watch. Liddell vs Ortiz 2.

Just watched the first fight, Bisping vs Shafer in his real UFC debut(after TUF Finale), crazy how much Bisping has improved since then, and how even then he was calling out the entire roster, "I'm coming for all you fuckers!" after the win.

Also, I didn't remember the generic walk out music back then, brutal.

Next up Arlovski vs Cruz
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,892 Times in 5,119 Posts
    Just thinking on the music........maybe it wasn't, could it be they just removed the music to save on paying someone?
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions