Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Sheehan's 20 Bold Predictions For 2017

Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Thinking about it, you could be right, stylistically it is a decent match up.......it's getting there that may be the issue.
    I could see her beating Pennington, which like I said could be a potential #1 contender fight. The only fighters above her are Schevchenko/Pena who will almost definitely get the next shot, Holm who's moving up, Rousey who will likely be MIA for a while, Pennington, and Cat who is coming off of 2 straight losses.
    "The Former two-time...
    Undisputed Fantasy League Champion of The Crypt."

-Bruce Buffer

Mod (aka)                     MMA Crypt's Sexiest Beast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMattThiele View Post
    I don't think it's THAT crazy of a prediction. With her wrestling, I could see her smothering someone like Nunes or Schevchenko (if she beats Pena and then Nunes). Pena, she has almost no chance against though IMO.
    She's coming off of wins over Eye and Davis, which are both pretty big. If she could beat one of Zingano or Pennington next, which are both winnable fights for her, I could see her getting the next shot after Pena/Schevchenko winner. Or who knows, maybe she decides to move up to 145, where both Holm and de Randamie are both very winnable fights for her.
    She has zero BJJ Defense tho
    Welcome to MMA Crypt Check out our RULES !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock View Post
    She has zero BJJ Defense tho
    Based on her staggering ONE career submission loss? Which was to Nunes and by RNC, and only after she had been rocked badly. You're literally just talking out your ass and have no idea how good her BJJ defense is.

And who on that list even has great offensive BJJ other than Nunes? None of Schevchenko, Holm, de Randamie or Pennington have much in the way of BJJ at all. And I already said that Pena and Nunes would be the two worst match ups of the people she could theoretically face for a title.
    "The Former two-time...

-Bruce Buffer

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,132 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1. Nope
    2. Yeah probably, if Jones returns and DC stays healthy
    3. Yes
    4. No, only once.
    5. No
    6. No
    7. No
    8. Yes
    9. No
    10. Who?
    11. No
    12. Who?
    13. No
    14. No
    15. No
    16. Who?
    17. Yes
    18. No
    19. No
    20. No

This list is pretty bad, but I guess that's why it's bold. McMann doesn't have great BJJ, can see it in her fights. But she's got enough to defend the submissions. She's clearly worked on that since the loss Nunes. But she won't be champion because of that gas tank.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    1. Nope
    3. Yes
    4. No, only once.
    5. No
    6. No
    7. No
    8. Yes
    9. No
    10. Who?
    11. No
    12. Who?
    13. No
    14. No
    15. No
    16. Who?
    17. Yes
    18. No
    19. No
    20. No

This list is pretty bad, but I guess that's why it's bold. McMann doesn't have great BJJ, can see it in her fights. But she's got enough to defend the submissions. She's clearly worked on that since the loss Nunes. But she won't be champion because of that gas tank.
    I still don't really see what that loss had to do with her BJJ. She got rocked and then when she was stunned, Nunes took her back and sunk in a choke almost immediately. Really doesn't show a fair representation of your skills when you're on the brink of consciousness.
    And yeah, her gas tank isn't great, but if she can survive the first round or two against Nunes, I could see her wrestling base being enough to let her coast to an ugly decision.
    "The Former two-time...

-Bruce Buffer

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I still don't really see what that loss had to do with her BJJ. She got rocked and then when she was stunned, Nunes took her back and sunk in a choke almost immediately. Really doesn't show a fair representation of your skills when you're on the brink of consciousness.
    And yeah, her gas tank isn't great, but if she can survive the first round or two against Nunes, I could see her wrestling base being enough to let her coast to an ugly decision.
    That's what BJJ had to do with that loss. Yes she was rocked, can write that off if you want (I wouldn't because you can defend submissions when rocked) but look at all of her fights. She didn't show good BJJ before that fight at all, she was all wrestling. That loss made her work on it so she has decent sub defence.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Thanks
    That's what BJJ had to do with that loss. Yes she was rocked, can write that off if you want (I wouldn't because you can defend submissions when rocked) but look at all of her fights. She didn't show good BJJ before that fight at all, she was all wrestling. That loss made her work on it so she has decent sub defence.
    Ok, looked at all of her fights. Reviewed all ZERO of her other submission losses and still think you're talking out your ass on this one. You're literally saying a fighter with one RNC loss in 13 fights and FOUR SUBMISSION WINS (including an Americana, an arm triangle and a RNC) has poor BJJ. Literally zero fact or evidence in your arguement.
    "The Former two-time...

-Bruce Buffer

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ok, looked at all of her fights. Reviewed all ZERO of her other submission losses and still think you're talking out your ass on this one. You're literally saying a fighter with one RNC loss in 13 fights and FOUR SUBMISSION WINS (including an Americana, an arm triangle and a RNC) has poor BJJ. Literally zero fact or evidence in your arguement.
    No I'm not. I'm saying it's only decent enough to defend submissions, you know, like I've said in each of my posts. D-Rock is the one who said she has zero BJJ defence. Before that fight, it was pretty bad and she worked on that so it's decent enough to defend. You probably only just looked at her record, like that matters. In the fight, is where her BJJ just isn't that great. Zero fact or evidence? Her fights are the evidence..

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1. Nope
    3. Yes
    4. No, only once.
    5. No
    6. No
    7. No
    8. Yes
    9. No
    10. Who?
    11. No
    12. Who?
    13. No
    14. No
    15. No
    16. Who?
    17. Yes
    18. No
    19. No
    20. No

Yeah, he does this every year and they are meant to be a little out there, it's easy to predict simple outcomes.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also, have none of you really heard of Tom Duquesnoy? He's a legit talent, the media have been on his nuts for a couple of years now.......he's the BAMMA 135 and 145 lb champion.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !