Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SiriusXM MMA shows

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 5,110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Of course, but I really doubt GSP wants that fight, I think he's a bad matchup for GSP besides what if GSP wins would he fight Romero?.. I doubt it, then what? vacate and Move down? and then again maybe his plan is to win MW belt go down win ww belt and then go for the hat trick and win LW belt and 1 up Conor....
    I know you'll hate this, but who says Romero would be first up for GSP should he beat Bisping and win the belt? I would not be shocked in the slightest to see GSP/Anderson.

Not saying I want any of that, but really.......it's not all that crazy to think!
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I know you'll hate this, but who says Romero would be first up for GSP should he beat Bisping and win the belt? I would not be shocked in the slightest to see GSP/Anderson.

Not saying I want any of that, but really.......it's not all that crazy to think!
    As you know I think your crazy...but I don't know if GSP wants to take his first back at MW....GSP's fight announcement will be as anticipated as Conors.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    As you know I think your crazy...but I don't know if GSP wants to take his first back at MW....GSP's fight announcement will be as anticipated as Conors.
    Did you listen to Freddie Roach on the MMA Hour this week, he basically got the deal secured for GSP's return by going to Ari Emmnuel himself.......and he said part of the deal was identifying the fight GSP wants, and after that too, but he didn't specify who at all, what he did say was that it would maybe be a rematch(Diaz possibly, Hendricks unlikely), but he did also say that he wasn't coming back to be a cog on the wheel, he was coming back to win a title.

We Are The People!

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Did you listen to Freddie Roach on the MMA Hour this week, he basically got the deal secured for GSP's return by going to Ari Emmnuel himself.......and he said part of the deal was identifying the fight GSP wants, and after that too, but he didn't specify who at all, what he did say was that it would maybe be a rematch(Diaz possibly, Hendricks unlikely), but he did also say that he wasn't coming back to be a cog on the wheel, he was coming back to win a title.
    I wouldn't mind the Diaz rematch and hope Maia gets TW-WB winner and maybe have GSP fight the winner after that....in a perfect world for me, I would really hate to see Maia get screwed over at this point in his career.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    I wouldn't mind the Diaz rematch and hope Maia gets TW-WB winner and maybe have GSP fight the winner after that....in a perfect world for me, I would really hate to see Maia get screwed over at this point in his career.
    That would be the best of all options really.......but I honestly can't help but think Maia could get screwed, and also that Conor will factor into the GSP thing somewhere too, because that fight would be the biggest PPV numbers the UFC could possibly draw.

We Are The People!

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    That would be the best of all options really.......but I honestly can't help but think Maia could get screwed, and also that Conor will factor into the GSP thing somewhere too, because that fight would be the biggest PPV numbers the UFC could possibly draw.
    Again to me that's short term money grab that doesn't help the future, I still think Conor fights Kabib -TF winner....and never heard back from you for my 1000 cc bet offer on Conors next opponent.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Again to me that's short term money grab that doesn't help the future, I still think Conor fights Kabib -TF winner....and never heard back from you for my 1000 cc bet offer on Conors next opponent.
    I replied, but never took you up on it, because I think it's still completely open for whom he fights next. I hope it is the winner of the KN/TF fight, just wouldn't shock me if ti was Nate, GSP, or anyone really.

You're right on the short term cash grab, but they have bills to pay.......short term cash grabs will be needed. It's wrong, and it's very short sighted.......but so is letting guys like Horiguchi, Cirkunov, Krylov, etc all leave without a fight.

We Are The People!

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    I replied, but never took you up on it, because I think it's still completely open for whom he fights next. I hope it is the winner of the KN/TF fight, just wouldn't shock me if ti was Nate, GSP, or anyone really.

You're right on the short term cash grab, but they have bills to pay.......short term cash grabs will be needed. It's wrong, and it's very short sighted.......but so is letting guys like Horiguchi, Cirkunov, Krylov, etc all leave without a fight.
    Hard to say what their plan is because they will need more then short term cash grabs to make their money back, this will be a long term investment to get returns....but at this point who knows.