Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC TV deal thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 4,953 Posts
    Blog Entries

UFC TV deal thread

This is coming up quite a bit in the news lately with many rumours. Thought it could use it's own thread
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So I read a little today on the rumours of the new potential deals. Netflix who at one time were going pretty strong at a deal have apparently dropped out completely for the bidding. Amazon is still in the mix and FOX just stole the PBA rights from ESPN so there are some rumours that they may not be going as strong as initially thought for the exclusive rights.

Everything I'm reading lately suggests strongly that the UFC content will be split between a couple different entities whether it be FOX and Amazon or ESPN and Amazon or some other combination. I also read that the new owners are willing to allow for the TV rights holders to start producing the telecast as well......something the Fertittas's refused to allow which killed an HBO deal years ago.

Also the negotiations between FOX and the UFC have seemingly hit a roadblock and they are said to be about 50 million per year apart in price. UFC is asking for 300 million per year Fox is countering with 250
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just to add in, FOX have been apparently approaching the WWE on an offer and are leaning towards them more so than UFC. Important to note, rumours like this always happen when WWE have to re-negotiate a deal. Pretty sure it's WWE themselves that leak that stuff in order to get more money out of USA Network. But yeah, I suppose there's some chance FOX drops UFC all together and goes for WWE.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hired_Merc For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (03-31-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Just to add in, FOX have been apparently approaching the WWE on an offer and are leaning towards them more so than UFC. Important to note, rumours like this always happen when WWE have to re-negotiate a deal. Pretty sure it's WWE themselves that leak that stuff in order to get more money out of USA Network. But yeah, I suppose there's some chance FOX drops UFC all together and goes for WWE.
    Yeah I read that too...forgot to include that
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I can't see WWE going to Fox but who the hell knows
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd read rumours of WWE and Fox too......basically trying to strong arm the UFC, and USA(on the WWE side) IMO. Using each other to drive up and down prices accordingly. WWE would struggle to get another network to allow them to provide all of their content free via the WWE Network and still receive a prime payment from TV........and as for the UFC, they'll not likely receive an offer anywhere to rival what Fox will offer.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I'd read rumours of WWE and Fox too......basically trying to strong arm the UFC, and USA(on the WWE side) IMO. Using each other to drive up and down prices accordingly. WWE would struggle to get another network to allow them to provide all of their content free via the WWE Network and still receive a prime payment from TV........and as for the UFC, they'll not likely receive an offer anywhere to rival what Fox will offer.
    From what I've read Amazon is ready to pony up a lot of money. I still don't think this will be exclusive to 1 network or platform.
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Vince is the only reason they're still on TV imo. It's been noted few times that insiders in WWE don't care about the ratings anymore because of the Network and everything they got going on there also.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't seem to be a very reliable source, but Terez Owens is reporting that the UFC TV deal is coming along, and very nuanced too......ESPN and NBC will hold packages, only 6 PPV's and an introduction of a 165lb division.

Per our great source: This deal is worth a total of 320m/yr (160m/yr each). ESPN and NBC to pay for production (current deal UFC pays for production). ESPN and NBC will also have streaming rights and the fightpass prelims moving to their streaming platforms. Contender series to replace tuf (each network gets one season each per year). PPV’s reduced to 6 a year. New weight classes to be added to help fill the increased fight nights (men 165, female 105, etc). Each network will have exclusive rights to certain fighters (similar to how HBO and Showtime have their own boxers which they develop and build) outside of PPV. Remember you heard it here first! – TO

http://terezowens.com/breaking-espn-...fc-tv-package/
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "Help fill the increased fight nights"

Quantity doesn't equal Quality. I care very little for large fight cards, just give me good fights.