Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 138

Thread: UFC TV deal thread

  1. #11
    Crypter Red Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,347
    Points
    60,301.40
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 321 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    ESPN is awful on any UFC programming.

    Horrible marriage for both. ESPN must be clueless to the fact that Dana can't build stars.

    Dana must be clueless to the fact that ESPN is halfway a political network that will fry it's fighters for their behavior and claim that they're all racist half the time. Guys like Chael, Conor, and Colby could not become stars on that network. ESPN has been losing money hand over fist the last few years though, so I guess its not surprising that they'd take on programming from a sport that's getting mangled on it's ratings.

  2. #12
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    55,302
    Points
    5,265.62
    Thanks
    8,264
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 4,940 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    ESPN is awful on any UFC programming.

    Horrible marriage for both. ESPN must be clueless to the fact that Dana can't build stars.

    Dana must be clueless to the fact that ESPN is halfway a political network that will fry it's fighters for their behavior and claim that they're all racist half the time. Guys like Chael, Conor, and Colby could not become stars on that network. ESPN has been losing money hand over fist the last few years though, so I guess its not surprising that they'd take on programming from a sport that's getting mangled on it's ratings.
    Agreed on all fronts. I think the UFC just chose to chase the most money instead of what makes the most sense......very typical for them
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  3. #13
    Crypter Red Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,347
    Points
    60,301.40
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 321 Times in 238 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Agreed on all fronts. I think the UFC just chose to chase the most money instead of what makes the most sense......very typical for them
    I can't say enough why them two as partners is so bad. Lol!

    As a fan and viewer I seriously enjoyed the UFC the most when it was on good ole Spike tv. It didn't need any theatrics or special effects. It was just Fight Nights and UFC older shows. The move to Fox sucked to me because they kept spreading their shows and programming on like 3 different Fox channels and it got hard to figure out which one they were broadcasting on. Terrible for a sport that's trying to grow it's viewers. The guys that ESPN hires are newbs to the sport half the time, and have very little understanding of the history and the majority of guys in the divisions. They'll usually know like 3 or 4 guys at the most. If ESPN is their partner, they'll likely cover it a lot more and all ESPN does is look for negative stories and shit to pile on. Sounds like the worst type of partner for the UFC to have.

  4. #14
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    55,302
    Points
    5,265.62
    Thanks
    8,264
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 4,940 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    I can't say enough why them two as partners is so bad. Lol!

    As a fan and viewer I seriously enjoyed the UFC the most when it was on good ole Spike tv. It didn't need any theatrics or special effects. It was just Fight Nights and UFC older shows. The move to Fox sucked to me because they kept spreading their shows and programming on like 3 different Fox channels and it got hard to figure out which one they were broadcasting on. Terrible for a sport that's trying to grow it's viewers. The guys that ESPN hires are newbs to the sport half the time, and have very little understanding of the history and the majority of guys in the divisions. They'll usually know like 3 or 4 guys at the most. If ESPN is their partner, they'll likely cover it a lot more and all ESPN does is look for negative stories and shit to pile on. Sounds like the worst type of partner for the UFC to have.
    With them (ESPN & NBC) producing everything now (rumored) it also opens the door for a shit show....commentators who know nothing, production that will likely be way over the top and like you say....probably negativity across the board
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  5. #15
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    55,302
    Points
    5,265.62
    Thanks
    8,264
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 4,940 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    32
    So with rumors of NBC and ESPN being able to claim their "own fighters for their networks" Who would you "draft" if you were them?
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  6. #16
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    58,801
    Points
    20,819.31
    Thanks
    7,158
    Thanked 5,784 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    With them (ESPN & NBC) producing everything now (rumored) it also opens the door for a shit show....commentators who know nothing, production that will likely be way over the top and like you say....probably negativity across the board
    I first heard talk of handing over production about a year ago, simply a cost cutting measure as much as anything. It will likely lead to some seriously shit stuff, but on the plus side, it will also give networks a reason to promote the hell out of the UFC product, as it's also their own product.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  7. #17
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    58,801
    Points
    20,819.31
    Thanks
    7,158
    Thanked 5,784 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    So with rumors of NBC and ESPN being able to claim their "own fighters for their networks" Who would you "draft" if you were them?
    I'm not even willing to entertain that idea, splitting the roster to different networks is a madness idea, it will stop us from getting the fights we want to see, so it surely makes no sense at all.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  8. #18
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    55,302
    Points
    5,265.62
    Thanks
    8,264
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 4,940 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I'm not even willing to entertain that idea, splitting the roster to different networks is a madness idea, it will stop us from getting the fights we want to see, so it surely makes no sense at all.
    I don't think it'd be a split per se, just each entity has the fight rights to 3-4 fighters and I'd assume whatever NBC takes, ESPN can't take anyone in the same division and vice versa
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  9. #19
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    55,302
    Points
    5,265.62
    Thanks
    8,264
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 4,940 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I first heard talk of handing over production about a year ago, simply a cost cutting measure as much as anything. It will likely lead to some seriously shit stuff, but on the plus side, it will also give networks a reason to promote the hell out of the UFC product, as it's also their own product.
    I'm guessing Rogan leaves if that were to happen
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  10. #20
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    58,801
    Points
    20,819.31
    Thanks
    7,158
    Thanked 5,784 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I don't think it'd be a split per se, just each entity has the fight rights to 3-4 fighters and I'd assume whatever NBC takes, ESPN can't take anyone in the same division and vice versa
    I still hate that. Imagine having say, Poirier on ESPN and Gaethje on NBC, and not being able to see them fight........fuck that shit.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •