Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC TV deal thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I'm guessing Rogan leaves if that were to happen
    Not sure I agree, although I have been saying Rogan will leave this year anyway! The PPV's(which is all Rogan does now anyway) will still be UFC production, I'd assume.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,936 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I still hate that. Imagine having say, Poirier on ESPN and Gaethje on NBC, and not being able to see them fight........fuck that shit.
    They'd beable to negotiate I'm sure, it would just be much harder.....I have to think there would be a contingency plan in place to avoid that kind of thing
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    They'd beable to negotiate I'm sure, it would just be much harder.....I have to think there would be a contingency plan in place to avoid that kind of thing
    It just sounds stupid to me. Negotiations have been fucking hard as hell to get fights together lately, it needs no more barriers to making a booking.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It just sounds stupid to me. Negotiations have been fucking hard as hell to get fights together lately, it needs no more barriers to making a booking.
    I don't disagree, I hate the idea of splitting the content, just hate it.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just read the latest rumor has ESPN and FOX splitting the new deal, with ESPN's portion being shown on their new streaming service ESPN+
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just read the latest rumor has ESPN and FOX splitting the new deal, with ESPN's portion being shown on their new streaming service ESPN+
    I'm thinking this is all just the UFC trying to push up the offer from Fox.......streaming all on ESPN would be a disaster.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking this is all just the UFC trying to push up the offer from Fox.......streaming all on ESPN would be a disaster.
    I don't even know what the answer is....Ideally, at least for me, the UFC starts their own UFC network and puts 100% content on there....but that isn't going to happen. FP seems to have been a colossal failure. Fox ratings are horrible and I don't see them getting any better on another network with huge improvements in the card quality
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Blue I see by your tweet yesterday BTsports is considering pay TV for UFC content?
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't even know what the answer is....Ideally, at least for me, the UFC starts their own UFC network and puts 100% content on there....but that isn't going to happen. FP seems to have been a colossal failure. Fox ratings are horrible and I don't see them getting any better on another network with huge improvements in the card quality
    I mean, all of this won't affect me at all......or likely you, so it's hard to care too much about it, other than it could be the future for how we view it. Going all in on streaming seems very short sighted though, they should be looking to have a presence on both options, TV and stream, not just choose one.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I mean, all of this won't affect me at all......or likely you, so it's hard to care too much about it, other than it could be the future for how we view it. Going all in on streaming seems very short sighted though, they should be looking to have a presence on both options, TV and stream, not just choose one.
    Agreed.....however I can't help but feel when the dust has settled I will either be paying a hell of a lot more for UFC content or I won't be able to get said content
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan