Thread: UFC 226 OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,922 Times in 4,940 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Wtf this is next weekend? Gonna be awesome
    Yeah man, great card
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    It's crazy how little they do these days......I don't get why they don't make these massive fights, massive events too......do a world tour, as if it was Conor, maybe that would just help to create a new star, obviously not a Conor as he's a one off, but no reason to think they can't build a new Anderson Silva or Chuck Liddell.
    They are no longer promoters, just fight distributors
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,784 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Content providers.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Content providers.
    Yeah that's what I meant
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    That's a pretty good way to describe them. Fight distributers. Funny thing is that Dana for so many years trashed Boxing and it's style of promoting and how they threw away the sport, and Dana has done everything possible in the last two years to make MMA just like boxing as a sport and it's practically there now. Dana even has this other chapter he is trying to do UFC boxing with. How would he ever have the time for that shit? Dana deep down has always wanted to be a boxing promoter. He isn't even an MMA purist anymore, he's so pathetic.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    That's a pretty good way to describe them. Fight distributers. Funny thing is that Dana for so many years trashed Boxing and it's style of promoting and how they threw away the sport, and Dana has done everything possible in the last two years to make MMA just like boxing as a sport and it's practically there now. Dana even has this other chapter he is trying to do UFC boxing with. How would he ever have the time for that shit? Dana deep down has always wanted to be a boxing promoter. He isn't even an MMA purist anymore, he's so pathetic.
    Dana has fallen far since his early days
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 867 Posts
    Pretty compelling main event. Having a hard time imagining Cormier being able to counter all of Stipe's advantages in size, strength, and general athleticism, but he's beaten bigger stronger guys before. Took me a long time to get on board with Cormier, but I do appreciate his skills, especially in light of what I feel has been a vacuum left in the LHW division due to all the events surrounding Jones.

Obvious wrestling advantage for Cormier, but how heavy is he going to come in? Miocic will have height and reach, which served Jones well against Cormier. I know Cormier can punch, he's a strong guy, but I believe Stipe is a better, more technical striker, with better KO power. Seem to remember Miocic knocking someone out with a jab while moving backwards...

Watched TUF tonight, (excellent fight, Diamond/Cucciniello) and one of the kids fighting in the finale said "Stipe early, or Cormier late," when asked who he favored. Sounded like a pretty good guess to me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mu_Shin For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (07-05-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu_Shin View Post
    Pretty compelling main event. Having a hard time imagining Cormier being able to counter all of Stipe's advantages in size, strength, and general athleticism, but he's beaten bigger stronger guys before. Took me a long time to get on board with Cormier, but I do appreciate his skills, especially in light of what I feel has been a vacuum left in the LHW division due to all the events surrounding Jones.

Obvious wrestling advantage for Cormier, but how heavy is he going to come in? Miocic will have height and reach, which served Jones well against Cormier. I know Cormier can punch, he's a strong guy, but I believe Stipe is a better, more technical striker, with better KO power. Seem to remember Miocic knocking someone out with a jab while moving backwards...

Watched TUF tonight, (excellent fight, Diamond/Cucciniello) and one of the kids fighting in the finale said "Stipe early, or Cormier late," when asked who he favored. Sounded like a pretty good guess to me.
    First, good to see ya bud. DC is the better wrestler, or at least has the better pedigree but he struggled badly against Jones in that area and had a very difficult time taking him down. Stipe hits a lot harder than Jones and has very good TDD as well. I don't know if DC coming in heavy is going to be a good thing for him, I would say it would hamper his cardio.
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Max Holloway has been hospitalized with concussion like symptoms and has been scratched from Saturday's fight with Ortega
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Mu_Shin (07-05-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Which of the main card fights falls by the wayside first?
    Max Holloway has been hospitalized with concussion like symptoms and has been scratched from Saturday's fight with Ortega
    Well, I guess we have our answer
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (07-05-2018)