Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX discusion thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 4,953 Posts
    Blog Entries

UFC on FOX discusion thread

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Very nice free card.

Enjoy peeps
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Watching tomorrow morning, enjoy the fights folks.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just watched the main and co-main fights. My gawd is Eddie Alvarez one tough mofo. Poirier was destroying him and he just wouldn't drop......eventually he did but not before eating about 30 punches, knees and elbows.
    Where the fuck was Eddie's cut man in between rounds too? I don't mind that standup that Goddard implemented either....right call IMO, even though the 12-6 rule is stupid, it is still a rule that needs to be enforced.

Aldo took some heavy shots too before coming back and taking Stephen's liver away from him

Both Alvarez and Aldo are now finished their contracts I believe.
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eddies is one dirty fighter, grabbing the cage, 12-6 elbows, fingers in the ear. Underground king fights with underground rules.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Eddies is one dirty fighter, grabbing the cage, 12-6 elbows, fingers in the ear. Underground king fights with underground rules.
    Yeah man.....he even stuck the fingers in the ear again after Goddard warned him
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I just watched the main and co-main fights. My gawd is Eddie Alvarez one tough mofo. Poirier was destroying him and he just wouldn't drop......eventually he did but not before eating about 30 punches, knees and elbows.
    Where the fuck was Eddie's cut man in between rounds too? I don't mind that standup that Goddard implemented either....right call IMO, even though the 12-6 rule is stupid, it is still a rule that needs to be enforced.

Aldo took some heavy shots too before coming back and taking Stephen's liver away from him

Both Alvarez and Aldo are now finished their contracts I believe.
    Yes, I seen some criticism of Goddard, Kamaru Usman saying he never wants Goddard to ref his fights...….but the only negative I'd have on the situation was not taking a point from Eddie for the elbow, IMO it's not a warning only offence when it's a deliberate foul, even if that foul is stupid as fuck! Goddard was right to stand them up, 100%. Poirier came through a tough first round, but looked great in round 2.

I thought Aldo looked very good, but for some silly moments of trying to prove his toughness after being caught initially with a big uppercut. Stephens had around 30-60 seconds after that where he could have finished a lesser man, but Aldo came through and finished him well.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    If you aint cheating, you aint trying!

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, aside from the top 2 fights, Joanna looked like she usually does, pretty dominant and winning the striking battles. Fairly easy win for her as usual(aside from Rose!)

Alex Hernandez looks like a legit new contender at 155, that's 2 very good wins for him now, and he's pretty exciting to watch too.....maybe a top 10 guy next for him.

Mein/Morono, Mein won fairly easily, but these guys are no more than roster fillers.

Dawodu/Arnett, I don't care how much DC and Anik tell me how high level a striker Dawodu is, he's not all that good. He'll win some fights, maybe in style, but he'll lose to any fairly top talent.

Islam Makhachev, now that's a challenger. After a ropey start to his UFC career, he's really starting to look like the threat he was supposed to be.

Damn, Ion Cutelaba is one of my guys. He may not ever challenge the very top guys, but he's fun to watch and has some attitude about him, despite lacking in English skills. Looking forward to seeing him fight again.

We Are The People!

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Yes, I seen some criticism of Goddard, Kamaru Usman saying he never wants Goddard to ref his fights...….but the only negative I'd have on the situation was not taking a point from Eddie for the elbow, IMO it's not a warning only offence when it's a deliberate foul, even if that foul is stupid as fuck! Goddard was right to stand them up, 100%. Poirier came through a tough first round, but looked great in round 2.

I thought Aldo looked very good, but for some silly moments of trying to prove his toughness after being caught initially with a big uppercut. Stephens had around 30-60 seconds after that where he could have finished a lesser man, but Aldo came through and finished him well.
    Goddard involves himself way too much. Pushed Struves toes out of from being trapped in the cage which affected his arm bar attempt and pushed Alvarez fingers out of the cage which affected Poirer's submission attempt. I get it, you gotta stop them doing that, but you don't involve yourself in those situations when it definitely affects a submissions attempt.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014