Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 228 Discussion thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 4,953 Posts
    Blog Entries

UFC 228 Discussion thread

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Enjoy the fights sans Bullet
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (09-09-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I watched a few of the fights:

Woodley/Till went pretty much how I expected save for the darce choke.....I just didn't think Till had anything for Woodley. Props to Tyron, he looked good and it's hard not to call him one of the very best (as much as I hate him)

Andrade is a fucking killer...it hurt me to see KK knocked out like she was......Rose has a tough road ahead of her

ARA destroyed Price.....gawd damn that was an entertaining 30 seconds.

Sounds like it was a pretty good event last night...delivered some very entertaining, spectacular finishes
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Well I watched a few of the fights:

Woodley/Till went pretty much how I expected save for the darce choke.....I just didn't think Till had anything for Woodley. Props to Tyron, he looked good and it's hard not to call him one of the very best (as much as I hate him)

Andrade is a fucking killer...it hurt me to see KK knocked out like she was......Rose has a tough road ahead of her

ARA destroyed Price.....gawd damn that was an entertaining 30 seconds.

Sounds like it was a pretty good event last night...delivered some very entertaining, spectacular finishes
    Yeah, we can hate on Woodley all we want.....but he's really fucking good. I can't help but see him destroy Colby if that's next for him too. Till seemed to be too timid in the first round, and when he finally made an attempt to land, he was countered hard and it was pretty much all over from there.

I predicted Andrade would be champion by the end of 2018, looks like I'm a year out because I don't see Rose standing a chance against her. Andrade will always land hard and most girls can't handle that, except maybe Joanna, who did beat Andrade. On the earlier SW bout on the card, Suarez is a fucking monster too......the commentary nailed the comparison, she is a mirror image of Khabib, relentless wrestler who smashes the shit out of her opponents. SW is looking pretty damned good just now, a lot of talented fighters.

Alhassan looked great, a guy who just throws down. Always gonna get good fights, win or lose from him.

Agreed on the general concensus for the event, a lot of good fights and great finishes. A whole bunch of fighters will be upset to have missed OTN awards.

Zabit didn't look as spectacular in his win, but he still managed to have a spectacular finish...….the same finish as Aljo against Stamann, and only the 2nd and 3rd ever Suloev kneebar in the UFC. Aljo looked very good, called out Dominick Cruz, and I like that fight next for him too. Oh, and Zabit called out Chad Mendes, book it.

Jimmie Rivera beat Dodson fairly easily, not the best fight but job done.

Geoff Neal's headkick KO of Camacho was one scary fucking KO...….I actually feared for the health of Camacho it was so brutal, coming on the back of Camacho taking a serious beating too. Thank god he was OK.

Charles Byrd seemed to be fairly much in control against Darren Stewart until Stewart landed some big elbows and punches, another good fight.

Side note on the judging...…..apparently a judge scored round 1 of the Suarez/Esparza fight to Esparza 10-8...….later admitting he got the fighters mixed up! Texas motherfuckers!
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,083 Posts
    finally watched Till-Woodley, Till was def too timid first round didn't let much go at all, but easy to say against fighting a good like Woodley who can explode for a TD or a right hand at any moment. Too bad Till couldn't make it to the 3rd round because TW blew a lot trying to finish Till and it might have been a different fight. But TW is that good...too bad GSP wouldn't come back to fight him....not sure what CC can do against him besides trying to wear him down.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who thinks Covington has a real, legit shot at beating Woodley? CC has a hell of a chin, is bigger, good wrestling and a very solid clinch game....I'm thinking he out Woodleys Woodley.
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who thinks Covington has a real, legit shot at beating Woodley? CC has a hell of a chin, is bigger, good wrestling and a very solid clinch game....I'm thinking he out Woodleys Woodley.
    I see it the complete opposite......everything Covington does, Woodley does a shit tonne better than him, wrestling, grappling, defence, striking......all of it. I can't recall thinking Colby is bigger, but if he is I don't see it matter all that much. I'm not sure I can recall Colby's chin ever really be tested too.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I see it the complete opposite......everything Covington does, Woodley does a shit tonne better than him, wrestling, grappling, defence, striking......all of it. I can't recall thinking Colby is bigger, but if he is I don't see it matter all that much. I'm not sure I can recall Colby's chin ever really be tested too.
    Colby's cardio is 1000X better and I think the clinch work is in Colby's corner big time
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Although CC isn't as big as I thought, still slightly bigger than TW
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    Colby's cardio is 1000X better and I think the clinch work is in Colby's corner big time
    Just don't see how Colby wins this unless he can smother Woodley for 5 rounds. Don't see that at all. They'll have to stand and Wood is 100 times better striking.