Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC 228 Discussion thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 4,953 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Because people don't like him. CC has the best chance in the division currently to beat Woodley, I just don't think he will. But shouldn't be counted out so easily.
    Yeah, that's essentially what I'm saying. CC seems to be being dismissed as a gimme fight for Woodley. I do feel CC can take this fight but the smart money would still be on TW
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Washed Up View Post
    I see CC rushing in to pressure and getting caught or countered...TW is a d-bag of a personality but an impressive fighter that I don't think has shown all but a fraction of his skills.
    That could very well be the case, I personally think CC will take this fight, but he is still most definitely the underdog
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (09-14-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I don't count him out either, all he ha to do is win 3 of 5 rounds while avoiding getting ko'd coming in. He doesn't really have ko power but he throws punches in bunches which is hard for a lot of fighters to deal with. Hopefully TW makes the fight happen sooner then later while the iron is hot for him.....maybe he can start to get some positive momentum.
    Beating and shutting up CC will win a lot of people over for him, then shutting his own mouth will help a lot as well
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (09-14-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Because people don't like him. CC has the best chance in the division currently to beat Woodley, I just don't think he will. But shouldn't be counted out so easily.
    Maybe for some, but not me. I just see CC as an easy fight for Woodley for the reasons I've already given, that everything he does well, Tyron does better. Colby is the clear no.2 guy in the division and beats most WW's with ease, he's just not as good as Woodley, IMO. One thing I may be discounting though, is Woodley's age, he's 36 now and will slow down.....it's crazy to think Woodley is only 1 year younger than GSP.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Beating and shutting up CC will win a lot of people over for him, then shutting his own mouth will help a lot as well
    Woodley's biggest issue is that he called out money fight as soon as he became champion. If he could have learned from the past, he could have BEEN the money fight(and this goes for all fighters). If he'd followed the Conor/Floyd/Ali route and proclaimed himself the greatest WW of all time and said he would fight anyone and everyone to prove it, he'd have become a big fan favourite, and with a little luck with a spectacular performance and some media hype, also promoting himself big time with the GOAT gimmick, he could have become a huge draw. But he fell into the same hole Nate and many others have and wanted money fights...….there is no such thing, unless it's YOU yourself.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Anyone see GSP coming back for that "money" fight with Woodley should he be successful over Covington?
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Anyone see GSP coming back for that "money" fight with Woodley should he be successful over Covington?
    Nope, because Woodley is not a money fight. If GSP ever fights again it will be for Conor alone. I'm not sure he draws enough money fighting anyone else to come back. The only other reason I can see him come back is to get a 3rd title to become a champ, champ, champ...….but I'm not sure that's enough of a draw for him.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Nope, because Woodley is not a money fight. If GSP ever fights again it will be for Conor alone. I'm not sure he draws enough money fighting anyone else to come back. The only other reason I can see him come back is to get a 3rd title to become a champ, champ, champ...….but I'm not sure that's enough of a draw for him.
    No way GSP makes 155, I just can't see it.

Woodley would be a money fight.....arguably the best 2 WW ever
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No way GSP makes 155, I just can't see it.

Woodley would be a money fight.....arguably the best 2 WW ever
    I tend to agree on the 155 thing, but there has been a lot of talk since the photo emerged last week that he's leaned down a lot......anyhoo, he wouldn't necessarily need to make 155 to fight Conor. Ariel and Chael have been saying that Conor/GSP could happen at 165 too, to start a new division. I doubt it though.

Yeah, but 2 great fighters does not a money fight make. It would probably do around 500k buys, but nothing like a Conor fight would do.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I tend to agree on the 155 thing, but there has been a lot of talk since the photo emerged last week that he's leaned down a lot......anyhoo, he wouldn't necessarily need to make 155 to fight Conor. Ariel and Chael have been saying that Conor/GSP could happen at 165 too, to start a new division. I doubt it though.

Yeah, but 2 great fighters does not a money fight make. It would probably do around 500k buys, but nothing like a Conor fight would do.
    Even at 500K that, today is a money fight, that's 100+% more buys than an above average card gets now.....I think it'd do a little more as well, 600-650 range. I personally don't want to see GSP anywhere near a title fight again though
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan