Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jones Suspended for Only 15 Months

Thanks

Jones Suspended for Only 15 Months

I'm a bit late to the party but I wanted to know what your guys thoughts were on this. I bet my brother he'd be off suspension this year and won haha. Honestly, I don't think he deserved the suspension in the first place, but he was looking at up to 4 years and dodged it. Thoughts?
    Those Who Love Praise more Than Correction Are Not Likely To Get Either One. -V. Featherstone

Welcome to the MMACrypt! Be sure to check out the RULES!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMA Guru For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (09-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,313 Times in 1,804 Posts
    I am a firm believer that you are innocent until proven guilty! Hahaha

I think JJ is his own worst enemy, but if they had anything on him, it wouldn't have taken this long for this entire situation to be taken care of.

I am glad he will be able to get back in the cage, hopefully he learns from this shit & focus' on being the best fighter he can be & we get some more exciting fights out of a guy who could be the best fighter of his time (going to be hard to be that now, but he still has a lot of time to prove otherwise).

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's a joke he's got away with this in all honesty.

He provided zero evidence of innocence, his guilt was already proven by pissing hot for a steroid. He's managed to bypass the system eventually, after trying all other alternatives like claiming tainted supp(they couldn't find any issues there), so he turns grass and gives them information on steroid users/dealers etc......from a guy who claims he has not used, it's weird he has all this information to pass on!

It's great we'll get to see the guy fight again, but if we're gonna just piss all over the PED rules for certain fighters(those with the money and power to fight it) then what's the point in any testing at all? If I'm Josh Barnett, Lyoto Machida, Fabricio Werdum, Tom Lawler, Frank Mir, etc, etc......I'm looking at this with complete disbelief. Not to mention DC.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 4,953 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have ZERO respect for USADA after how they botched Lyoto Machida's situation
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,083 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    It's a joke he's got away with this in all honesty.

He provided zero evidence of innocence, his guilt was already proven by pissing hot for a steroid. He's managed to bypass the system eventually, after trying all other alternatives like claiming tainted supp(they couldn't find any issues there), so he turns grass and gives them information on steroid users/dealers etc......from a guy who claims he has not used, it's weird he has all this information to pass on!

It's great we'll get to see the guy fight again, but if we're gonna just piss all over the PED rules for certain fighters(those with the money and power to fight it) then what's the point in any testing at all? If I'm Josh Barnett, Lyoto Machida, Fabricio Werdum, Tom Lawler, Frank Mir, etc, etc......I'm looking at this with complete disbelief. Not to mention DC.
    Did they ever give a real reason why he didn't get a massive suspension like he should have got? Last excuse I read a while back was that they didn't believe he knowlingly took the dope....which is pathetic considering its not their job to speculate things like that....it was in his system plain and simple, why do thee things always happen to guys like him Lesnar, Silva, Romero,Barnett etc but you know damn well this wont happen to guys like Bisping or DC

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Did they ever give a real reason why he didn't get a massive suspension like he should have got? Last excuse I read a while back was that they didn't believe he knowlingly took the dope....which is pathetic considering its not their job to speculate things like that....it was in his system plain and simple, why do thee things always happen to guys like him Lesnar, Silva, Romero,Barnett etc but you know damn well this wont happen to guys like Bisping or DC
    Exactly right. The reason he got a shorter sentence was down to him turning snitch, his ban was for 4 years reduced to 18 months for snitching(so they basically accepted he was guilty despite saying they couldn't prove he knowingly used), and he was given a further 3 month reduction as part of the arbitration process...….all in all a complete joke.

DC has been saying exactly that too, how is it Jon keeps making these mistakes and never in over 70 tests has DC had these issues? It's not accidental or a coincidence.

Chael talked about this on his podcast too, and his point was that if John unknowingly ingested the roids why did it stop when he got caught...….if he was eating, drinking and doing all the same things he'd piss hot again...….unless he knew what not to take any more.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I have ZERO respect for USADA after how they botched Lyoto Machida's situation
    It's hard to see how USADA has any integrity after this. On the same day as this news broke, USADA were attacking WADA/Olympics for reinstating RUSADA despite there being no evidence to suggest Russia has solved it's problems...….maybe look closer to home.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm seriously at the point of "why bother" Let them all cheat
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I'm seriously at the point of "why bother" Let them all cheat
    I think I am too......in every sport. It's at the point where we know people are cheating and getting away with, also we know it will NEVER stop......so stop wasting time and money on it, and just move on.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I think I am too......in every sport. It's at the point where we know people are cheating and getting away with, also we know it will NEVER stop......so stop wasting time and money on it, and just move on.
    When the commissions and anti doping agencies are as, or more corrupt than the athletes they test, it's time to shut it down
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan