Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC FN 138 Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 4,953 Posts
    Blog Entries

UFC FN 138 Thread

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Probably not going to be a lot of action watching this live tonight, but enjoy the fights
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood              2014 GHOST
    Thanks
    Any idea where we can watch it? FN only has the prelims and I can't see anything on Bell.
    Just because I can NEVER remember how to score my points!
    6 points for winning fighter, then another 2 if you guess the method, then another 2 if you guess the round

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Washed Up View Post
    Any idea where we can watch it? FN only has the prelims and I can't see anything on Bell.
    I assume it's on TSN 2,4 or 5 but I cancelled all my cable so I really have no idea where it's on....sorry buddy
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (10-28-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Watched the main event.....Oezdemir was in complete control of the fight for the first 2 rounds but Smith took over in the 3rd.....Smith is one tough MF. Very entertaining fight
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the co-main......an argument could be made that Lobov won that fight. The first 2 rounds were very close, Johnson 100% won the 3rd but a case could be made for Lobov winning the first 2 rounds
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Watched the main event.....Oezdemir was in complete control of the fight for the first 2 rounds but Smith took over in the 3rd.....Smith is one tough MF. Very entertaining fight
    Yeah, Volkan seemed to stray from his usual game plan. He hurt Smith early and tried to swarm him, that's not what he does usually. He's usually pretty precise and tends to land clean strikes normally, he seemed to be throwing haymakers and kinda punched himself out. A fight he should have won easily really. Fair play to Smith though, good win and maybe next in line, despite only being 8 months removed from a brutal loss to Maretta Santos!
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Just watched the co-main......an argument could be made that Lobov won that fight. The first 2 rounds were very close, Johnson 100% won the 3rd but a case could be made for Lobov winning the first 2 rounds
    I thought Johnson won all 3 rounds, but like you say, 1 and 2 were fairly close so it could have went badly wrong for him. Crazy how Johnson has wins over Poirier, Barboza and Tony Ferguson...….but he just can't put it together any more.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I thought Johnson won all 3 rounds, but like you say, 1 and 2 were fairly close so it could have went badly wrong for him. Crazy how Johnson has wins over Poirier, Barboza and Tony Ferguson...….but he just can't put it together any more.
    1 was super close, I gave 2 to Lobov and 3 was clearly Johnson's
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Villante/Herman......what a horrible technical fight.

The split was probably the right call, very close fight. I scored it 29-28 Villante but can definitely see how it could be scored the other way around
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan