Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC FN 140 Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 4,953 Posts
    Blog Entries

UFC FN 140 Thread

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ha, lots of discussion here!

That aside, some really good fights last night.

I've been saying for a while that Ponzinibbio is a top 5 WW, but just can't get the fights he deserves, and he proves it again. He's maybe the most underrated fighter in the UFC, it frustrates the hell out of me that guys like Masvidal continually hold a false ranking and guys like Ponz can't get the one they deserve. RDA/Usman next for Ponz please, then the title fight.

Lamas/Elkins was a decent fight, Lamas pretty much in control throughout and finally getting the finish.

Johnny Walker looks a great prospect at 205lbs. Rountree had looked pretty solid lately but Walker destroyed him here, can't wait to see him fight again.

I didn't know who Heinisch was when he got this fight, but his story was crazy to read, then he beat a solid UFC vet fairly easily and looked quite impressive too. Very good debut performance for him.

Chito Vera did what he tends to do, beat lower ranked guys fairly easily. Good win, but he needs to make the jump now and beat a ranked fighter.

Calvillo won with ease, the crazy weight cut didn't affect her at all...….even if she should not have been cleared to fight IMO. Hopefully she fixes her cut, because she looks like a contender at 115lbs.

Michel Prazeres with a brutal knockdown punch early and then just worked Fabinski over till he got the choke, even if the ref missed the initial tap by Fabinski.

Alexandre Pantoja is a beast on the ground, if the UFC do kill off 125lbs, it will suck not getting to watch this dude fight in the UFC again because he's great to watch. He put Sasaki in so many bad spots, threatening with multiple sub attempts till he finally took the back and sunk in the RNC.

Arnett/Bandenay wasn't the best fight, but still decent to watch.

Whereas, Staropoli vs Aldana was a great fight, at points looked like Sanchez/Melendez from a few years back. 2 guys just throwing down, one with a big gash on his eye early, the other with a huge haematoma on his head and a big lumo on his eye. Really enjoyed this fight, well deserved FOTN winner.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (11-18-2018)

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,083 Posts
    Ponz looked good in the fight always coming forward, threw good leg kicks and mostly just a 1-2 but he had Magny scared fairly bad, his moving away was borderline running but when he stopped running and went forward he was doing better. The leg kicks took Magny off his feet multiple times and if the leg damage didn't end the fight the big right hand did sending Neil face first down on the canvas.

like Johnny Walker also, he looked confident and handled Roundtree with ease, like you said cant wait to see him fight again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (11-18-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I won't lie, I likely won't watch any of these fights
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,083 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Really? The ponz- Magny fight was good and watch the Walker-Roundtree fight while it lasted.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 5,026 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Really? The ponz- Magny fight was good and watch the Walker-Roundtree fight while it lasted.
    Like Jax said, watch those fights......and do yourself a favour and watch the Staropoli/Aldana fight too, it was great.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I may watch the Rountree/Walker fight as it's short......I have little interest in the other and would have to sit through 25 minutes......this is me not being in love with MMA anymore
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    OK, very sweet elbows from the Thai clinch from Walker.......with his size and power and the horrible state of 205, this kid could be a player very soon
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ponz/Magny....pretty decent 1 sided beatdown. I had it 30-25 going into the 4th.

2 questions: Could/should Herb Dean have stopped the fight to check Magny's eye....everytime he got hit he literally covered his eye with his hand
    Should Herb Dean have stopped the fight when Magny could barely get up from the kicks?

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,313 Times in 1,804 Posts
    I thought they were good fights, Ponz did what I thought he would, against Magny. One thing I noticed is that Ponz seems to cut quite easily & if that eyelid cut would've been against anyone in the top 5, he might've been in some trouble.

Walker looks like a kid that they may be able to build off of, he's a lanky SOB with what seems to be some decent skills.