Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC on FOX 31 Discussion Thread

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tex View Post
    So now that AI has taken a big nice two steps forward, what will he do to derail his career again? Every time this guy takes two steps forward, he takes a large leap backwards by destroying a hotel room or going ape shit all over the media about how much he hates the UFC business structures or how productive he can become as a real estate agent and his hype and opportunities all end up dissolving until he gets his head on straight again. I love watching his fights and he can be a good character for fans when he's not all emotional and self destructing but he always seems to be his own worst enemy career wise.
    I can appreciate him bitchin about fighter pay, but at some point he became "bitchin Al" got tired of it after a while just hopes he can stay fighting and stops bitchin for a bit.

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 898 Posts
    My thought as to "virtually flawless" was every time he got caught on the ground he got back up, and yes, he got hit, but when he turned the tables, he was just lighting Kevin Lee up. Did not think there was any point that Al was truly in danger in that fight, did not come close to getting submitted or seriously hurt on the feet. Perhaps not as dominant as the fights mentioned by Red, but rounds 4 and 5 were pretty close to perfect.

Don't really know the background of Iaquinta as a real estate business person, but in terms of his training and progress as a fighter, seemed like he's made some mental connections that paid off for him, so let's hope he doesn't shoot himself in the foot, and puts on some more entertaining fights like this one in the future.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,901 Times in 5,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu_Shin View Post
    My thought as to "virtually flawless" was every time he got caught on the ground he got back up, and yes, he got hit, but when he turned the tables, he was just lighting Kevin Lee up. Did not think there was any point that Al was truly in danger in that fight, did not come close to getting submitted or seriously hurt on the feet. Perhaps not as dominant as the fights mentioned by Red, but rounds 4 and 5 were pretty close to perfect.

Don't really know the background of Iaquinta as a real estate business person, but in terms of his training and progress as a fighter, seemed like he's made some mental connections that paid off for him, so let's hope he doesn't shoot himself in the foot, and puts on some more entertaining fights like this one in the future.
    Ray Longo was on The MMA Hour yesterday, he was saying Al fairly recently begun working with a sports science guy and it's helped him in many ways, mentally and also with approach to avoiding injuries. Longo said it has had a massive impact on him.

Side note, Longo also said Weidman's neck was fucked again and he was going in for surgery on Dec 26th. That dude might never be the same again.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,187 Times in 5,176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I thought Hamill was dead after the fight ended, and he was laying there with his eyeballs filled with blood, so technicalities aside yes.
    I know, I was just being an asshat
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks

Agreed, I don't think Al was ever in any REAL trouble on the ground.....the second time on the ground there was 1 point where it looked like the RNC was close but only for a second. Al did beat him up very nicely in rounds 4 and 5, especially 5
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Ray Longo was on The MMA Hour yesterday, he was saying Al fairly recently begun working with a sports science guy and it's helped him in many ways, mentally and also with approach to avoiding injuries. Longo said it has had a massive impact on him.

Side note, Longo also said Weidman's neck was fucked again and he was going in for surgery on Dec 26th. That dude might never be the same again.
    Damn.....I kinda hope Chris just hangs 'em up...I'd hate to see him all fucked up over time
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Damn.....I kinda hope Chris just hangs 'em up...I'd hate to see him all fucked up over time
    I know you're a fan, and I've hated him for years. I can't lie though, I felt bad for him in that loss against Souza. He really needed that fight, and was fighting about as well as he could have fought in that one and was really picking his spots and then BAM got caught and that's all she wrote. I felt like he deserved that win, but in MMA one mistake can take it all away.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Red Tex For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (12-22-2018)

Thanks

He gave up his back in the 5th and had to defend a few choke attempts, but once he got up after that it was all him dominating standing. It was def. a strong performance and I'm happy for A.I. I just hope he can keep his head on straight and not fly off the handle again. Regarding his Real Estate thing, he became a licensed agent and was saying he was retired for a while claiming he'd make more money selling houses, but this was right after he destroyed a hotel room, so it was just funny to a lot of people that he thought he'd be this big time agent when he's always flying off the handle and having meltdowns. Right around the same time, he had won some tough fight and cursed the fans out right afterwards and told them all to go fuck themselves in the cage. Not a good way to earn love from the UFC or in general as an athlete. Lol! His behavior is very sporadic and unpredictable at times. His fights are always fun to watch though.