Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 232 Discussion Thread

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Well it is funny that Jones passed 3 or 4 tests leading up to this and then suddenly they find "trace amounts from 15 months ago" Why didn't they show up in the past 3-4 tests????
    and that's just it, I would like them to have a former drug user come out and say this is how I passed drug tests and this is how you catch cheats...just like how the government employed some of the biggest pc hackers to work for them. Someone like Chael Sonnen would be a good guy to hire, but at the same time you would think they would know the cat and mouse game by now...

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 5,080 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    and that's just it, I would like them to have a former drug user come out and say this is how I passed drug tests and this is how you catch cheats...just like how the government employed some of the biggest pc hackers to work for them. Someone like Chael Sonnen would be a good guy to hire, but at the same time you would think they would know the cat and mouse game by now...
    Yeah that could work for sure.

I don't really know what the answer is, but the status quo sure as hell isn't
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Yeah that could work for sure.

I don't really know what the answer is, but the status quo sure as hell isn't
    For sure, and the bottom line is there is still drugs in his system, hard to believe it's still from a year and a half ago or whatever but it could be from a recent cycle that wasn't fully flushed for all we know but with USADA already siding with Jones is a major red flag for me.

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 897 Posts
    Just listened to the whole statement by Jeff Novitzky and Dana White regarding this "abnormal" test by John Jones.

Sounds to me like the science is in fact catching up to the cheaters, and there are apparently previous examples of this exact set of circumstances occurring in other sports. They can't say if Jones ever in fact purposefully used turinabol, although that seems likely, but that presence of long term metabolites of turinabol has been observed before in other athletes in similar circumstances, meaning long after whatever initial exposure to the substance took place.

Also understand that according to Novitzky, who I just read previously investigated steroid abuse among athletes for the United States Food And Drug Administration, both USADA and independent agencies they consulted with on this case stated categorically that the minute amounts of metabolites found in Jones' sample are not enough to offer any kind of performance enhancement in the present. The science indicates that the metabolites present in Jones' system are occurring in the billionths of a gram, well below the levels that would be present had Jones re-ingested active turinabol, hence the decision to allow this fight to go on.

White and Novitzky stated that there will be further hearings in Nevada to inform NSAC on these findings, but I guess what they're saying is that there wasn't enough time to get that done and ensure proper licensing and official validation of the fight were it take place in Nevada in six days, hence the move to California, the jurisdiction in which Jon Jones' initial transgression and failure took place. Just reporting what was said...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mu_Shin For This Useful Post:

Cisco (12-24-2018),Kickass32 (12-24-2018)

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu_Shin View Post
    Just listened to the whole statement by Jeff Novitzky and Dana White regarding this "abnormal" test by John Jones.

Sounds to me like the science is in fact catching up to the cheaters, and there are apparently previous examples of this exact set of circumstances occurring in other sports. They can't say if Jones ever in fact purposefully used turinabol, although that seems likely, but that presence of long term metabolites of turinabol has been observed before in other athletes in similar circumstances, meaning long after whatever initial exposure to the substance took place.

Also understand that according to Novitzky, who I just read previously investigated steroid abuse among athletes for the United States Food And Drug Administration, both USADA and independent agencies they consulted with on this case stated categorically that the minute amounts of metabolites found in Jones' sample are not enough to offer any kind of performance enhancement in the present. The science indicates that the metabolites present in Jones' system are occurring in the billionths of a gram, well below the levels that would be present had Jones re-ingested active turinabol, hence the decision to allow this fight to go on.

White and Novitzky stated that there will be further hearings in Nevada to inform NSAC on these findings, but I guess what they're saying is that there wasn't enough time to get that done and ensure proper licensing and official validation of the fight were it take place in Nevada in six days, hence the move to California, the jurisdiction in which Jon Jones' initial transgression and failure took place. Just reporting what was said...
    Yes, and what I read after the verdict of Jones sentencing it seemed Novitzky for some reason was on team Jones and was sticking up for him for only having "trace' amounts of a major steroid. After I read that I realized there was a major bias going on and assumed the UFC might be involved also.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My concern in the matter would be: If they found trace amounts on whatever day the test was administered.....why did they find no trace amounts in 3-4 tests PRIOR to the one he "failed"
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Food for thought:

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Food for thought:

No way to know for sure......but hey, we won't even bother to investigate, we'll just give him a pass...…..we need some of that dirty money please.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    No way to know for sure......but hey, we won't even bother to investigate, we'll just give him a pass...…..we need some of that dirty money please.
    That's basically it, he has steroids in his system but oh well let's assume it's from a year and half ago still floating around.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu_Shin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Yes, and what I read after the verdict of Jones sentencing it seemed Novitzky for some reason was on team Jones and was sticking up for him for only having "trace' amounts of a major steroid. After I read that I realized there was a major bias going on and assumed the UFC might be involved also.
    This whole 'trace amounts' and 'pinch of salt in a pool' stuff is just nonsense to try and suspend belief. The fact is that the 'trace amount' is enough to punish someone, otherwise it would not be announced as a failed test, it would pass the test. Also, that's what almost every failed test is, trace amounts. Their body is not swimming in drugs, it's a minor part of the piss/blood work. Those trace amounts are determined if they pass or fail on how little it needs to be considered useful, and this amount Jones had is deemed useful hence it red flagging on a test.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions