Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 232 Discussion Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    That's basically it, he has steroids in his system but oh well let's assume it's from a year and half ago still floating around.
    Jeff Novitzky must be paid very well by the UFC, because he's went from the guy who chased down Lance Armstrong, and cycling in general, to a guy who has sold his integrity for some cold hard cash.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Cisco (12-24-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    So people who bought tickets and paid for flights and accommodations in LAS VEGAS get screwed over and have to now scurry around trying to find somewhere to stay in L-A.....Masterful work of genius Dana, just masterful
    Thats the biggest thing here IMO. The lack of respect or concern for the paying fans, for the fighters teams and families. It's absolutely crazy they would do this and think nothing of it, just to hopefully have a big selling PPV. The fighters will do fuck all as usual though. If this doesn't make them think about unionising, on top of all the other shit.......nothing ever will.

We Are The People!

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,134 Posts
    My concern in the matter would be: If they found trace amounts on whatever day the test was administered.....why did they find no trace amounts in 3-4 tests PRIOR to the one he "failed"
    The simple answer and any drug user would say because his masking agents almost worked but only got 99% of the job done, And I really disliked how Novitski sided with Jones and "doesn't know" how it could have got in his system....I'll tell you how because he's a drug user as was his brother and he put it in there that's how.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

Cisco (12-24-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    The simple answer and any drug user would say because his masking agents almost worked but only got 99% of the job done, And I really disliked how Novitski sided with Jones and "doesn't know" how it could have got in his system....I'll tell you how because he's a drug user as was his brother and he put it in there that's how.
    Exactly. All these fighters who don't know how it gets into their system and they can't find a valid excuse(tainted supp etc)……..it's because they are using PED's.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 5,080 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Thats the biggest thing here IMO. The lack of respect or concern for the paying fans, for the fighters teams and families. It's absolutely crazy they would do this and think nothing of it, just to hopefully have a big selling PPV. The fighters will do fuck all as usual though. If this doesn't make them think about unionising, on top of all the other shit.......nothing ever will.
    Every fighter Ariel spoke to, and I think he mentioned the number 12, found out about the move to L-A via social media and NOT the UFC....that is FUCKED UP, what else is fucked up, like we mentioned, the move was made with little to no regard to the fans. Also, the fighters have bout agreements for a specific location....Las Vegas Nevada....the move would breech that agreement and every fighter would be well within their rights to say I'm not fighting in L-A. Another note, with Nevada being a "no tax State" and Cali being the highest tax State, every fighter will now lose between 9% - 13% of their payday right off the top because of the move
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If I am a mid to lower tier fighter in the UFC, I'm signing a union card this morning.

And the fans should be boycotting this event...I hope it does 100K...but it won't, it'll be a "success" and likely do about 600-750K
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (12-24-2018)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Every fighter Ariel spoke to, and I think he mentioned the number 12, found out about the move to L-A via social media and NOT the UFC....that is FUCKED UP, what else is fucked up, like we mentioned, the move was made with little to no regard to the fans. Also, the fighters have bout agreements for a specific location....Las Vegas Nevada....the move would breech that agreement and every fighter would be well within their rights to say I'm not fighting in L-A. Another note, with Nevada being a "no tax State" and Cali being the highest tax State, every fighter will now lose between 9% - 13% of their payday right off the top because of the move
    It really is hellish. The fighters could refuse, but then they'd have done a full camp for no pay. They need a union.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    It really is hellish. The fighters could refuse, but then they'd have done a full camp for no pay. They need a union.
    Yep...and this is from someone who hates unions
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,134 Posts
    i'm kinda surprised at the move also, with the amount of money they will loose by making this last minute change, it's still a solid card and the loses would prob equal out, but then again the ppv would take the hit without Jones-Gust on it.