Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 143 Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,134 Times in 5,130 Posts

UFC Fight Night 143 Thread

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 955 Posts
    Greg Hardy, beats the shit out of his woman and his first might is the co main while cowboy is prelim. fucking really.
    Don't call it a comeback...

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 955 Posts
    it was one thing when I was just slammed busy, now I have a little bit of time, it's hard to justify it on MMA now. Done gave up on the NFL with the no looking at the QB in a mean way rules and the dancing after every single play. MMA may soon be on the history list. Just sad.
    Don't call it a comeback...

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Greg Hardy, beats the shit out of his woman and his first might is the co main while cowboy is prelim. fucking really.
    Agreed, but I guess it's the Phil Brooks theory here......if it brings eyes who cares what has been done, including beating up women.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    it was one thing when I was just slammed busy, now I have a little bit of time, it's hard to justify it on MMA now. Done gave up on the NFL with the no looking at the QB in a mean way rules and the dancing after every single play. MMA may soon be on the history list. Just sad.
    Same......NFL I used to watch quite a bit but stopped years ago. At one point, like in 2000-2008ish I'd watch every bit of MMA I could get my eyes on, and it has slowly lessened over time, partly due to time restrictions, partly due to costs of upgrading cable packages to ensure I had access to the fights, and partly to due with the direction the "sport" has been heading for some time
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 5,110 Posts
    Agreed, Hardy should be nowhere near a UFC cage...….and it's weird that they go all in on promoting an arsehole like this, even when he's proven nothing in the grand scheme of MMA yet, but they won't promote their champions like Amanda Nunes or Tyron Woodley. Just fucked up and weird. Not to mention Rachael Ostovich is fighting on this card too, the girl who got beaten to within a whisker of her life just a few months back, by her fella.

Side note though, more people will likely see Cerrone fight with it being on TV and the main card on their streaming app.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Agreed, Hardy should be nowhere near a UFC cage...….and it's weird that they go all in on promoting an arsehole like this, even when he's proven nothing in the grand scheme of MMA yet, but they won't promote their champions like Amanda Nunes or Tyron Woodley. Just fucked up and weird. Not to mention Rachael Ostovich is fighting on this card too, the girl who got beaten to within a whisker of her life just a few months back, by her fella.

Side note though, more people will likely see Cerrone fight with it being on TV and the main card on their streaming app.
    Although Ostovich herself said she has no issues with the douche bag being on the card and is all for second chances and she's happy he's turning his life around.....blah, blah blah
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,882 Times in 5,110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Although Ostovich herself said she has no issues with the douche bag being on the card and is all for second chances and she's happy he's turning his life around.....blah, blah blah
    Yeah, I don't buy all that though...….she's not really in a position to make demands to the UFC, so it's easy for them to use soft power to encourage her to be OK with it.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy all that though...….she's not really in a position to make demands to the UFC, so it's easy for them to use soft power to encourage her to be OK with it.
    Oh agreed, I do not for 1 second believe that she believes what she is saying
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (01-08-2019)

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,133 Posts
    I mean, your boss tells you this guy is fighting. You're not a name, you want to keep your boss happy and keep your job, of course she's going to be "fine" with it. People can be rehabilitated, I've seen terrible human beings and pieces of shit rehabilitated. It can happen. I just don't think he has, or has not shown any signs of that.

As for this show itself, they should have called it something else other than Fight Night. New contract with ESPN, massive deal for the UFC, get a new name for it.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hired_Merc For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (01-09-2019)