Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 143 Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 955 Posts
    agreed guys, it puts her in a hard place. As mentioned Woodley, it's one thing I've always liked about him. He's never kissed Dana's ass. But we see the return he gets for being him.
    Don't call it a comeback...

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 5,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    I mean, your boss tells you this guy is fighting. You're not a name, you want to keep your boss happy and keep your job, of course she's going to be "fine" with it. People can be rehabilitated, I've seen terrible human beings and pieces of shit rehabilitated. It can happen. I just don't think he has, or has not shown any signs of that.

As for this show itself, they should have called it something else other than Fight Night. New contract with ESPN, massive deal for the UFC, get a new name for it.
    I agree people CAN be rehabilitated, it is just pretty rare in the whole grand scheme of things.
    I also agree on a name change
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    agreed guys, it puts her in a hard place. As mentioned Woodley, it's one thing I've always liked about him. He's never kissed Dana's ass. But we see the return he gets for being him.
    If Woodley had never bitched and moaned for "money fights" then I think more people would be in his corner because he's got the "fuck you Dana" support down pat
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,894 Times in 5,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    I mean, your boss tells you this guy is fighting. You're not a name, you want to keep your boss happy and keep your job, of course she's going to be "fine" with it. People can be rehabilitated, I've seen terrible human beings and pieces of shit rehabilitated. It can happen. I just don't think he has, or has not shown any signs of that.

As for this show itself, they should have called it something else other than Fight Night. New contract with ESPN, massive deal for the UFC, get a new name for it.
    To be fair, I think it's more a media thing to call it Fight Night. The UFC call it UFC on ESPN+, and it was UFC on FS1 previously. Still shit names for their events though.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    If Woodley had never bitched and moaned for "money fights" then I think more people would be in his corner because he's got the "fuck you Dana" support down pat
    Agreed, and the biggest thing with Woodley is that on the whole, he's fought exactly who he should fight...….just made a big song and dance about it before signing on. He should change tack and start saying he'll fight anyone, 'just give me the name and I'll be there' kind of thing. It would for sure help him, and nothing to stop him still fighting quietly behind the scenes for what he wants.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Agreed, and the biggest thing with Woodley is that on the whole, he's fought exactly who he should fight...….just made a big song and dance about it before signing on. He should change tack and start saying he'll fight anyone, 'just give me the name and I'll be there' kind of thing. It would for sure help him, and nothing to stop him still fighting quietly behind the scenes for what he wants.
    Kinda like the Anderson Silva approach.......without the cheating
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Kinda like the Anderson Silva approach.......without the cheating
    Basically a perfect example, Anderson clearly worked on his own shit behind the scenes but mostly fought everyone he should have fought, and at the right time too.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Basically a perfect example, Anderson clearly worked on his own shit behind the scenes but mostly fought everyone he should have fought, and at the right time too.
    Go me!!
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Apparent new title belts the UFC will introduce tomorrow

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Apparent new title belts the UFC will introduce tomorrow

Seen a lot of backlash on Twitter about this, seems nobody likes the new belt at all. If I'm honest though, I don't think it's great, but it's not terrible too. I reckon once it's the norm, people will soon accept it, as with anything new.

We Are The People!