Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC on ESPN+

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 955 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    If you have an android phone you can get kodi on it and stream it off your phone.
    I will look into that
    Don't call it a comeback...

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    What add on do you use?
    Planet Mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    God I would love to pee in her butt.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cisco For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (02-07-2019)

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also I think there’s builds specifically for Android phones. I went back to iPhone so it’s been a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    God I would love to pee in her butt.

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 897 Posts
    Can only think that there must be big up-front money from ESPN to WME-IMG, the new ownership group.

Have to agree Blue. I'm obviously a long time UFC and MMA fan, and because of my situation, I don't have access to ESPN+. Here in the US they want $4.95 a month, and if I was able to do it, I probably would, as the best MMA is worth $60 a year to me. Hell, I probably spend almost that much on beers and wings whenever I go see a PPV at my local bar, but I think your point about casual fans and channel surfers is right on. Also, not really sure what the situation will be in public venues, whether or not I'll be seeing ESPN+ events at local bars, or if they're only planning on continuing with PPV's. I guess time will tell...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mu_Shin For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (02-07-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 5,080 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've said it before, for many years, I would pay a monthly fee for a streaming service or cable package that aired ALL UFC content, including live PPV's. I'd be willing to pay $30.00 - $40.00 a month for this. What I won't do is pay $69.99 per PPV, $20.00 a month for the premium TV package required to see the live non PPV content nor will I pay $10.00 a month for a library catalogue.

So they could be getting $480.00 a year from me willing or they get NOTHING from me as they want aprox. $1200.00 a year
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

Cisco (02-08-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu_Shin View Post
    Can only think that there must be big up-front money from ESPN to WME-IMG, the new ownership group.

Have to agree Blue. I'm obviously a long time UFC and MMA fan, and because of my situation, I don't have access to ESPN+. Here in the US they want $4.95 a month, and if I was able to do it, I probably would, as the best MMA is worth $60 a year to me. Hell, I probably spend almost that much on beers and wings whenever I go see a PPV at my local bar, but I think your point about casual fans and channel surfers is right on. Also, not really sure what the situation will be in public venues, whether or not I'll be seeing ESPN+ events at local bars, or if they're only planning on continuing with PPV's. I guess time will tell...
    I can't recall the numbers, but I'm pretty sure the breakdown at the time the deal was done suggested that a basic Fight Night event was worth the equivalent to a 150k selling PPV event. I may be a little off, but it was somewhere near that number...….so yeah, the up front money was huge.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I've said it before, for many years, I would pay a monthly fee for a streaming service or cable package that aired ALL UFC content, including live PPV's. I'd be willing to pay $30.00 - $40.00 a month for this. What I won't do is pay $69.99 per PPV, $20.00 a month for the premium TV package required to see the live non PPV content nor will I pay $10.00 a month for a library catalogue.

So they could be getting $480.00 a year from me willing or they get NOTHING from me as they want aprox. $1200.00 a year
    That's also an issue with attracting a casual channel hopping fan...….they're completely priced out these days. Drop the numbers somewhat and more will be tuning in......which is better for the long term.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 897 Posts
    Was trying to comment last night but getting weird glitches from my computer...

Anyway, saw something last night I haven't seen before. Had to work, so did not get to see the event live. Came home and tried MMA Share, Adesanya/Silva was not up yet, but I saw a post from You Tube that said it had the full fight video. Formerly, the UFC has never let that happen, at least in my experience. The video that came up was very poor quality, poorly framed, not the usual view of the cage, almost like it was zoomed in a bit, but the whole fight was there. Thing was, there were commercials like every 2-3 minutes, and I mean like probably 10 commercials during the video of the whole fight. Got so tired of the interruptions that I almost quit watching the fight, but I did see it through. Bummer was, the video quit about twenty seconds before the end of the third round...

Posting this here because of the discussion we were having about the new ESPN era, thinking maybe this is another new aspect we might be seeing. Didn't really look like a professional effort, but with all those commercials, somebody had to be making some money, and as I said, previously, the UFC has policed stuff like that very strongly, never allowing fight videos to come up on well known social media sites like You Tube, at least not until significant time has passed...

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 5,080 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've come across similar before....not on youtube though, and yes it is very annoying. I never try and watch the fights on MMASHARE until Sun morning
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan