Thread: One Championship: Check This Out...

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 898 Posts

One Championship: Check This Out...

I hope this link will post, as there's a couple things I really like about this fight.

I know it's pretty savage, but knees to the head of a downed opponent must still be legal in One Championship fighting, and I think that's as it should be. The sport is mixed martial arts, and each combatant is responsible for "defending yourself at all times". I believe that should include knees to the head on the ground. It happens in this fight, and I thought it was pretty awesome.

Incredible kicking power on display here. As a former TaeKwon Do guy, we see some good kicking in the UFC, Edson Barbosa, Anthony Pettis, among others, but in this fight, you can see a guy (don't even know who these guys are, when this fight took place, seems to be in the Phillipines...) actually get kicked half way across the ring, and it is actual ring. Personally, I like the cage, but this was a good fight, and the kick would have ended just about anybody it landed on.

Also seemed like they let this fight go on when one guy was in trouble, more so than some of the fights we've seen recently, specifically here in the US, and generally in the UFC. Not arguing for less fighter safety, which should be paramount, but I think you have to let it go beyond a guy taking a few unanswered punches, to a point where it's obvious and beyond debate that he can't continue. This fight went there, and both guys came out ok.

https://www.facebook.com/ONEChampion...4571720566074/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mu_Shin For This Useful Post:

BigDawg_04 (02-09-2019),BluenoseGreig (02-09-2019),Cisco (02-09-2019),Kickass32 (02-09-2019),Washed Up (02-09-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,187 Times in 5,176 Posts
    LOVE the knees to the head rule....soccer kicks I can do without though
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (02-09-2019),Cisco (02-09-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,901 Times in 5,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    LOVE the knees to the head rule....soccer kicks I can do without though
    Yeah, I'm in that camp too. Soccer kicks to the head almost always happen when a fighter is already badly hurt, but knees to the head would be a game changer IMO, it would give wrestlers much more to think about, and maybe help to stop boring fights.

One does do some great fights, it's biggest issue is trying to get our attention. It's on at weird times for a US audience, not always great for us in the UK too......and they have so many fighters nobody knows, even if they are pretty damned great to watch. The Lee siblings are fantastic to watch fight, Christian and Angela.

Also, I do kinda like Schiavello on commentary too...….he's maybe a bit too excitable, but I like his passion.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,392 Times in 1,871 Posts
    I'm all for knees to the head, that's a game changer for sure, but like pointed out earlier, the soccer kicks usually come after the downed fighter has already been hurt.

If the unified rules would look at it a lil more in depth, they might actually see it as a viable change to downed opponent striking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDawg_04 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (02-11-2019)