Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Dustin Poirier vs Max Holloway set for INTERIM LW title fight

  1. #1
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    56,053
    Points
    9,508.75
    Thanks
    8,393
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 5,078 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    33

    Dustin Poirier vs Max Holloway set for INTERIM LW title fight




    Sounds like it is official, Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway for the 155 INTERIM title.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  2. #2
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    56,053
    Points
    9,508.75
    Thanks
    8,393
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 5,078 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    33

    As far as fights go, I don't mind it, but as far as title fights go at 155, I HATE this fight
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

    BluenoseGreig (02-23-2019)

  4. #3
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    8,423
    Points
    6,982.05
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    I like the fight too, this division has been held up due to Suspensions , injuries and guys just not defending the belt. It appears GSP wanted the Kabib fight but UFC said NO which I am glad...it would have been an awesome fight but GSP would have screwed over another division for years. I assume it's going to be Kabib-Ferguson which it should be obviously.

  5. #4
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    56,053
    Points
    9,508.75
    Thanks
    8,393
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 5,078 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    33
    What I read was, yeah Tony vs. Khabib and the 2 winners fighting......which makes the interim title a bigger joke than it already is.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  6. #5
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    59,290
    Points
    12,663.66
    Thanks
    7,338
    Thanked 5,864 Times in 5,092 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I like the fight too, this division has been held up due to Suspensions , injuries and guys just not defending the belt. It appears GSP wanted the Kabib fight but UFC said NO which I am glad...it would have been an awesome fight but GSP would have screwed over another division for years. I assume it's going to be Kabib-Ferguson which it should be obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    What I read was, yeah Tony vs. Khabib and the 2 winners fighting......which makes the interim title a bigger joke than it already is.
    Hmmm, Ali tweeted saying Ferguson was offered the Holloway fight but turned it down, I don't think Tony is in the picture at all any more. As fucked up as that is, not surprising sadly.

    I wonder who'll be fighting for the interim belt at 145? They're almost certain to bring one in there now Max is taking this fight.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  7. #6
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    56,053
    Points
    9,508.75
    Thanks
    8,393
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 5,078 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Hmmm, Ali tweeted saying Ferguson was offered the Holloway fight but turned it down, I don't think Tony is in the picture at all any more. As fucked up as that is, not surprising sadly.

    I wonder who'll be fighting for the interim belt at 145? They're almost certain to bring one in there now Max is taking this fight.
    Yeah I read Tony was offered the fight but also read he'll still fight Khabib.....who the fuck knows with this administration.

    Edgar/Aldo?? Too early to book Ortega back into a title fight
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  8. #7
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    59,290
    Points
    12,663.66
    Thanks
    7,338
    Thanked 5,864 Times in 5,092 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Yeah I read Tony was offered the fight but also read he'll still fight Khabib.....who the fuck knows with this administration.

    Edgar/Aldo?? Too early to book Ortega back into a title fight
    I doubt Tony gets Khabib, this interim fight is very soon, and Khabib aint coming back till November, you gotta think Khabib fights the winner of this one and Tony is left out in the cold, Dana commented today that Tony refused the Holloway fight too, that kinda thing usually always fucks things up for any fighter.

    Edgar/Aldo could be the fight, but I wouldn't be too shocked if maybe Zabit or Volkanovski was to get themselves into this discussion. I agree, likely too soon for Ortega though.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  9. #8
    Crypt Administrator
    Kickass32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    56,053
    Points
    9,508.75
    Thanks
    8,393
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 5,078 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I doubt Tony gets Khabib, this interim fight is very soon, and Khabib aint coming back till November, you gotta think Khabib fights the winner of this one and Tony is left out in the cold, Dana commented today that Tony refused the Holloway fight too, that kinda thing usually always fucks things up for any fighter.

    Edgar/Aldo could be the fight, but I wouldn't be too shocked if maybe Zabit or Volkanovski was to get themselves into this discussion. I agree, likely too soon for Ortega though.
    Well if all this is true, we will NEVER see Khabib/Tony
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  10. #9
    Crypt Administrator
    BluenoseGreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    59,290
    Points
    12,663.66
    Thanks
    7,338
    Thanked 5,864 Times in 5,092 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Well if all this is true, we will NEVER see Khabib/Tony
    I hope not, but it could be.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

    Black Belt In Chickenheads!

    If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!


    We Are The People!

    When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions


    Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

  11. #10
    Brotherhood
    JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Great white North
    Posts
    8,423
    Points
    6,982.05
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    I doubt Tony gets Khabib, this interim fight is very soon, and Khabib aint coming back till November, you gotta think Khabib fights the winner of this one and Tony is left out in the cold, Dana commented today that Tony refused the Holloway fight too, that kinda thing usually always fucks things up for any fighter.

    Edgar/Aldo could be the fight, but I wouldn't be too shocked if maybe Zabit or Volkanovski was to get themselves into this discussion. I agree, likely too soon for Ortega though.
    Interesting turn of events for sure. And like you said I wouldnt be surprised if Tony is out of the picture...the UFC seems to do things like that to guys who refuse fights, and whats the sense of having the interim belt fight if the winner doesnt get Kabib later this year.....the timeline works perfect. Tony might as well grab a seat on the bench, even Kabib blasted him for refusing the fight saying its his own fault.

    But as for 145 who knows at this point....

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

    BluenoseGreig (02-25-2019)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •