Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dustin Poirier vs Max Holloway set for INTERIM LW title fight

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Interesting turn of events for sure. And like you said I wouldnt be surprised if Tony is out of the picture...the UFC seems to do things like that to guys who refuse fights, and whats the sense of having the interim belt fight if the winner doesnt get Kabib later this year.....the timeline works perfect. Tony might as well grab a seat on the bench, even Kabib blasted him for refusing the fight saying its his own fault.

But as for 145 who knows at this point....
    It's kind of understandable for Tony to refuse an Interim belt seeing as he already won one and had it taken from him before getting a shot at the champion. But, he needs to be smarter. Not just should an Interim belt guarantee you a shot at the champion, it also guarantees you champion pay. He needs to use this leverage rather than sulk and be 'principled'.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 5,080 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fuck this time last week Poirier, Iaquinta and another 155'er were asking for their release......if I'm Bellator I'm watching very closely and offering big contracts when these guys are free
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Fuck this time last week Poirier, Iaquinta and another 155'er were asking for their release......if I'm Bellator I'm watching very closely and offering big contracts when these guys are free
    When those guys asked for their release they thought the UFC was trying to make Kabib-GSP and screwing those guys over but to defend Dana for once he actually denied GSP's request which is great even tho that could have been a huge money fight for them. That fight should GSP have won would have screwed over the LW division the same as what he did to the MW division leaving contenders careers in limbo.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,867 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Agreed. Bellator should be very focussed on all this stuff, they could easily pick up fighters if the contract is good enough.

There is clearly another way to please a huge roster of 155'rs in the UFC though, add 165lbs and split the roster, giving them another chance of gold and a smaller pool to swim in to get there too.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Cisco (02-26-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 5,080 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Agreed. Bellator should be very focussed on all this stuff, they could easily pick up fighters if the contract is good enough.

There is clearly another way to please a huge roster of 155'rs in the UFC though, add 165lbs and split the roster, giving them another chance of gold and a smaller pool to swim in to get there too.
    Yep, really surprised 165 hasn't been announced yet
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Thanks
    I really feel like Tony is the 155 champ. He didn't lose his belt and I think he's done more than Khabib has. I also think he beats Khabib, but whatever. They can say what they want.

Tony and Max is a really stupid fight. Let Max earn his way up the ladder some first especially if you're going to risk Tony who should be fighting Khabib. Khabib should have been stripped of the belt for missing so much time all because he jumped out the cage.