Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 238 Discussion Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 5,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    That's what happens when good fighters are matched up though, it often means close decisions.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Ivanov/Tuivasa is going to be a snoozefest
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 5,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Ivanov/Tuivasa is going to be a snoozefest
    More than likely, it's a HW fight with 2 out of shape fat guys.......1 round KO, or 3 round snoozer. Basically what almost every HW bout looks like.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    More than likely, it's a HW fight with 2 out of shape fat guys.......1 round KO, or 3 round snoozer. Basically what almost every HW bout looks like.
    True
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    As per normal I shall watch the fights in the morning. Enjoy
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,140 Posts
    Had no idea the site was back up.

Great event. Cejudo made HUGE improvements from round 1 to 2 and took over. KOTY was straight there for Shevchenko. Don't like how the Ferguson/Cerrone fight ended. Illegal shot ended the fight basically, Cerrone shouldn't have blew his nose but it was result of that illegal shot. Not that Ferguson is to blame, the referee should have been there. Hopefully they just do a rematch.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 5,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post

Great event. Cejudo made HUGE improvements from round 1 to 2 and took over. KOTY was straight there for Shevchenko. Don't like how the Ferguson/Cerrone fight ended. Illegal shot ended the fight basically, Cerrone shouldn't have blew his nose but it was result of that illegal shot. Not that Ferguson is to blame, the referee should have been there. Hopefully they just do a rematch.
    Agreed, Cejudo looked fantastic in round 2......he's legit become one of the best fighters in the sport today. Shevchenko's KO was beautiful and brutal all in one, loved how she went to the body consistently, then BOOM, headkick and game over. Sucky ending for Cowboy, but I disagree that it was the last shot that caused it, Cerrone was already very swollen at that point, it was purely the blowing of the nose that caused the end. It was illegal, but the ref needs to be in position when the bell sounds, so I guess it's just a shitty end. If they do the rematch, great, if they don't, fine.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Brotherhood              2014 GHOST
    Thanks
    That punch after the horn was sooooooooooo longgggggggggggg after the bell....dbag move on Fergusons part...you could see his frustration after the first rd, and was emotional throughout...Shevchenko is a killer...Cejudo...can't stand him really, he has however turned into one of the greats
    Just because I can NEVER remember how to score my points!
    6 points for winning fighter, then another 2 if you guess the method, then another 2 if you guess the round

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post

I sent you a DM on May 18 on twitter to let you know the site was back up
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Great night of fights for sure...Cejudo is real deal for sure after the first round I thought Moraes might be too much for him with his distance and lightning fast leg kicks...Cejudo almost seemed lost in what to do but after round 1 he made adjustments and used his hands to get in range and then Moraes seemed lost and got dominated once Cejudo closed the disance and dominated all the way to the finish.

Shevchenko proved again that the only one in her league at FW is her, not sure what her next move might be ...

Cerrone Ferg was a great fight while it lasted, too bad for the ending but it did look like TF was taking over and starting to batter Cerrone. At first I thought TF looked slow and plodding but thats just his awkward style and his pressure never stops wearing down his opponents. I hope he get's next title shot, after 12 straight wins I think he deserves it....even if Conor want a rematch vs Kabib.

Calvin Kattar was another notable fight blasting Lamas out in the first round putting himself in good position inside top 10 at FW,

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I sent you a DM on May 18 on twitter to let you know the site was back up
    Don't really check my DMs on twitter, went through a period where a lot of it was spam, barely use twitter much these days.

Agreed, Cejudo looked fantastic in round 2......he's legit become one of the best fighters in the sport today. Shevchenko's KO was beautiful and brutal all in one, loved how she went to the body consistently, then BOOM, headkick and game over. Sucky ending for Cowboy, but I disagree that it was the last shot that caused it, Cerrone was already very swollen at that point, it was purely the blowing of the nose that caused the end. It was illegal, but the ref needs to be in position when the bell sounds, so I guess it's just a shitty end. If they do the rematch, great, if they don't, fine.
    I don't think it was the illegal shot either, but that's what will be remembered as the ending of the fight.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014