Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UFC 238 Discussion Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,935 Times in 5,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Don't really check my DMs on twitter, went through a period where a lot of it was spam, barely use twitter much these days.

I don't think it was the illegal shot either, but that's what will be remembered as the ending of the fight.
    Agreed, that will for sure be the thing everyone remembers.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Washed Up View Post
    That punch after the horn was sooooooooooo longgggggggggggg after the bell....dbag move on Fergusons part...you could see his frustration after the first rd, and was emotional throughout...Shevchenko is a killer...Cejudo...can't stand him really, he has however turned into one of the greats
    I could definitely see it as a dbag thing, but I do think sometimes in the heat of battle fighters do stupid things...….and also, the round does not end when the buzzer sounds, it ends when the ref gets into position to stop the round. Often an overlooked position on this situation. I'm with you on Cejudo, just such an annoying guy, but brilliant in the cage.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Great night of fights for sure...Cejudo is real deal for sure after the first round I thought Moraes might be too much for him with his distance and lightning fast leg kicks...Cejudo almost seemed lost in what to do but after round 1 he made adjustments and used his hands to get in range and then Moraes seemed lost and got dominated once Cejudo closed the disance and dominated all the way to the finish.

Shevchenko proved again that the only one in her league at FW is her, not sure what her next move might be ...

Cerrone Ferg was a great fight while it lasted, too bad for the ending but it did look like TF was taking over and starting to batter Cerrone. At first I thought TF looked slow and plodding but thats just his awkward style and his pressure never stops wearing down his opponents. I hope he get's next title shot, after 12 straight wins I think he deserves it....even if Conor want a rematch vs Kabib.

Calvin Kattar was another notable fight blasting Lamas out in the first round putting himself in good position inside top 10 at FW,
    Shevchenko really is phenomenal, she just looks so good in every fight, whether it's a striking battle, a close unexciting bout, or a ground battle......and it's still arguable that she beat Nunes in both of their fights too...….despite being massively undersized.

Dana was asked if Tony was next for Khabib/Poirier and he basically tried to rip the interviewer a new ass by nit picking his choice of words...….did everything he could to basically not say Tony was next, without actually saying it.

Kattar did look very good, recently lost to Moicano(no shame in that) but he's rebounded with 2 very good first round KO's......I agree, he deserves a top 5-10 guy now.

I thought Alexa Grasso looked fantastic too, she beat Karolina easily and only the very best do that.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Oh, and Aljamin Sterling looked great too......at least until he gassed. Fix that and he will be very hard for anyone to beat.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 5,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    Don't really check my DMs on twitter, went through a period where a lot of it was spam, barely use twitter much these days.

I don't think it was the illegal shot either, but that's what will be remembered as the ending of the fight.
    Roger that
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan