Thread: UFC 239 Discussion Thread

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 898 Posts
    39-37 Jones

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 898 Posts
    Not the most inspiring victory, but donít see how Jones could lose this decision...
    Santos looked like his legs were starting to give out... 48-47 jones was fair...

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,187 Times in 5,176 Posts
    Just watched the fights last night:

I actually scored the fight 48-47 Santos......a good case can be made for 48-47 either way as a couple rounds were super close, but Dana is a fucking tool for saying the judges that scored it for Santos was garbage.

Blachowicz.....wow my gawd did he turn the lights out on Rockhold....nice to see

Masvidal, well the man is a beast....a fucking beast...5 second KO, and then he "Hendo'd" Askren after just to add insult to injury

Shahbazyn and Yadong had nice finishes as well
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kickass32 For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (07-10-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,901 Times in 5,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Just watched the fights last night:

I actually scored the fight 48-47 Santos......a good case can be made for 48-47 either way as a couple rounds were super close, but Dana is a fucking tool for saying the judges that scored it for Santos was garbage.

Blachowicz.....wow my gawd did he turn the lights out on Rockhold....nice to see

Masvidal, well the man is a beast....a fucking beast...5 second KO, and then he "Hendo'd" Askren after just to add insult to injury

Shahbazyn and Yadong had nice finishes as well
    Yeah, I scored it 48-47 for Jones, but there is a very good case to score it for Santos. If we score the fight as a whole, it's clear Jones won......but it's not, it's done round by round. It sucks Santos hurt his knee so early in the fight, if not for that, he could have pushed the pace so much more......and maybe win, or draw Jones into a more entertaining fight.

It's funny, Jan wins in style and all we hear is how Luke sucks...…..THIS is why the UFC has no new stars, they never praise them, promote them or reward them with big fights.

Masvidal was great and the vids after the fight showing him train for this exact finish was great. One thing though, Ben has been fantastic in his response to the loss, his interview with Ariel on his show was great.

Both Shaba and Yadong look like legit prospects, definitely ones to watch.

Nunes looked amazing again too, she's just so damned good.

Also, Arnold Allen looked very impressive again too. Yeah Giblert aint the fighter he was, but Allen pretty much destroyed him in this fight, beat him in every minute of the fight. Quietly compiled a 6 fight win streak in the UFC now...….time for a top 10 guy.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,187 Times in 5,176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Yeah, I scored it 48-47 for Jones, but there is a very good case to score it for Santos. If we score the fight as a whole, it's clear Jones won......but it's not, it's done round by round. It sucks Santos hurt his knee so early in the fight, if not for that, he could have pushed the pace so much more......and maybe win, or draw Jones into a more entertaining fight.

It's funny, Jan wins in style and all we hear is how Luke sucks...…..THIS is why the UFC has no new stars, they never praise them, promote them or reward them with big fights.

Masvidal was great and the vids after the fight showing him train for this exact finish was great. One thing though, Ben has been fantastic in his response to the loss, his interview with Ariel on his show was great.

Both Shaba and Yadong look like legit prospects, definitely ones to watch.

Nunes looked amazing again too, she's just so damned good.

Also, Arnold Allen looked very impressive again too. Yeah Giblert aint the fighter he was, but Allen pretty much destroyed him in this fight, beat him in every minute of the fight. Quietly compiled a 6 fight win streak in the UFC now...….time for a top 10 guy.
    Yeah it's true, the UFC does little to nothing to promote and advance it's next wave of stars.....Alex Smith was on a podcast...Ariel's I believe and was praising the shit out of Jan....was good to see.

I skipped the Sanchez/Chiesa and Melendez/Arnold fights.....were they worth watching?
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,901 Times in 5,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    Yeah it's true, the UFC does little to nothing to promote and advance it's next wave of stars.....Alex Smith was on a podcast...Ariel's I believe and was praising the shit out of Jan....was good to see.

I skipped the Sanchez/Chiesa and Melendez/Arnold fights.....were they worth watching?
    Yeah, the UFC seem happy to just keep trying to dip into the same old well over and over, and totally forget about the new talent coming through...….kinda the reason I've always said they should cut guys far sooner and not bother if Bellator or whomever sign them up just because they're deemed a draw...….because if they cut these 'losers' loose then the new guys get that shine easier and become the draw.

Chiesa fight was not good...…..but worth watching the Allen fight, just to see how he's developing, he's becoming very good, if not yet looking like a killer.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (07-11-2019)