Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC FN 155 Discussion Thread

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,228 Times in 5,214 Posts

UFC FN 155 Discussion Thread

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Card is def not top heavy but a few interesting fights in there.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    There is only a couple fights here that interest me
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,920 Times in 5,145 Posts
    Pretty sure I read a few days ago that Klose was out and the fight was scrapped.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BluenoseGreig For This Useful Post:

Kickass32 (07-11-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Pretty sure I read a few days ago that Klose was out and the fight was scrapped.
    Yeah saw that today
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Aspen Ladd looked terrible at the weigh ins, maybe the worst I've seen a fighter on the scale...…..but hey, she still got cleared to fight. Madness.

We Are The People!

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Aspen Ladd looked terrible at the weigh ins, maybe the worst I've seen a fighter on the scale...…..but hey, she still got cleared to fight. Madness.
    I heard she did but didn't see any pics or video.....what just very dehydrated?
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I heard she did but didn't see any pics or video.....what just very dehydrated?
    Very much so. She was visibly shaking and barely able to stand on her own power. It was brutal.

We Are The People!

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Good night of fights even tho some ended fast....GDR's shot landed clean and dropped Aspen who was clearly dazed but Herb might have come in a bit quick not giving her a chance to recover but that's always a tough call. Especially after watching Lawler and how close he had Askren to being stopped which would have less complaints then this one.

Big win for Faber who most thought wouldnt win this fight....he even might be a contender for a title shot....even tho he doesnt deserve it....would be nice to see Cejudo fight Benavidez while Faber fights at least a top 10 guy.

Another big KO for Emmett also who has finished 3 straight fights and puts himself back in top 5 range.

Still cant believe Ryan Hall pulled off another win...he should get a top 10 guy next.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

BluenoseGreig (07-16-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Good night of fights even tho some ended fast....GDR's shot landed clean and dropped Aspen who was clearly dazed but Herb might have come in a bit quick not giving her a chance to recover but that's always a tough call. Especially after watching Lawler and how close he had Askren to being stopped which would have less complaints then this one.

Big win for Faber who most thought wouldnt win this fight....he even might be a contender for a title shot....even tho he doesnt deserve it....would be nice to see Cejudo fight Benavidez while Faber fights at least a top 10 guy.

Another big KO for Emmett also who has finished 3 straight fights and puts himself back in top 5 range.

Still cant believe Ryan Hall pulled off another win...he should get a top 10 guy next.
    Yeah, my first thought was that the stoppage was fast with Ladd.....but on reflection I still think it's a little early, but certainly justified. I often think we forget the basis a ref stops a fight, and it's basically on intelligent defence. Ladd was on he hands and knees, looking at the ground and making no effort to move, so as GDR was coming in to land another blow, Herb pulled the trigger and stopped the fight. Fighters need to wise up fast and stop being idle, or trying to grab a leg......the only way to ensure the fight will not be stopped is to actually defend themselves, even if that may also put them into a worse position. Aside from that, I reckon GDR is maybe the most underrated fighter in the UFC just now, because she is actually very good and despite her past, should be next in line for Nunes.

Faber shocked me in getting the W, and for sure in how he did it...….but title talk is nonsense at this stage. Simon was ranked 15, Faber should at least beat a bit of a contender before any title talk...….how about Petr Yan, that way if Faber wins he's earned a shot and if Yan wins, he's beaten a name to build him more and he's already kinda earned a shot anyway.

Emmett seems to have some serious power, and has looked very good......just that KO loss to Jeremy Stephens that leaves a little doubt for me still. He needs a big test next, Jose Aldo would be interesting. As for Bektic, I thought he could be a contender but his last few have made him look not quite there.

Ryan Hall is really interesting......he's not exactly exciting, but there is something very watchable about him. His kicking game looks pretty good, and his awkward takedown moves are kinda fun if not really conducive to a fan friendly fight......but I agree, he has to get a top 10 guy next.

Only other guys worth any talk from this was Marvin Vettori and Andre Fili. Vettori looks to be getting better in every fight, keep the slow build and they might have something there. As for Fili, he's also been improving in every fight, starting to really put it together now too......top 10 guy next for him.

We Are The People!