Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC on ESPN 5 Discussion Thread

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,139 Posts
    You guys clearly taking it too seriously. It's a marketing thing. He obviously doesn't want to cause another human being death. There's been interviews of him out of character and hes legit calm intelligent guy. It's fight talk, nothing more.

Plus, Hughes is a piece of shit who has done awful things to other human beings. He deserves a lot more than that comment by Colby.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hired_Merc For This Useful Post:

Washed Up (08-10-2019)

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,228 Times in 5,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Merc View Post
    You guys clearly taking it too seriously. It's a marketing thing. He obviously doesn't want to cause another human being death. There's been interviews of him out of character and hes legit calm intelligent guy. It's fight talk, nothing more.

Plus, Hughes is a piece of shit who has done awful things to other human beings. He deserves a lot more than that comment by Colby.
    I totally get that it's a marketing thing, but I'm the kind of person who believes there is a line and you don't cross it
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Welcome to MMA Crypt Be sure to check out our RULES !

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks

and no matter what, I'm glad to see you......fresh face, nice to see
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass32 View Post
    I totally get that it's a marketing thing, but I'm the kind of person who believes there is a line and you don't cross it
    He's working. It's sport entertainment at the end of the day, as much as yourself or Blue hate that and try fight against it. MMA started as branch of pro wrestling, It's always going to be sports entertainment.

and no matter what, I'm glad to see you......fresh face, nice to see
    Site mostly works now.
    "Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!" - Scott Hall 2014

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    He's working. It's sport entertainment at the end of the day, as much as yourself or Blue hate that and try fight against it. MMA started as branch of pro wrestling, It's always going to be sports entertainment.

Site mostly works now.
    I still feel there is a line that shouldn't be crossed
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,920 Times in 5,145 Posts
    I still feel there is a line that shouldn't be crossed
    Me too. I am 100% in favour of smack talking and promotion of fights and fighters......but there is definitely lines that should not be crossed. We all seen what happens when it goes too far with Conor and Khabib, and this Usman/Colby fight is absolutely gonna go into immigration, race, and all that shit on Usman......throw the other dirty douche Ali Abdelaziz into the mix and it's a riot just waiting to happen.

Side note. John Morgan was discussing Colby on his podcast yesterday and saying that he feels(and the media feel) that he's straying very close to the point where the media are almost at the point where they won't report on him as it's getting too close to the point where it just causes more issues than it's worth and that people are slowly turning off to him, less clicks...….he's becoming so annoying people are starting to just not care.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BluenoseGreig View Post
    Me too. I am 100% in favour of smack talking and promotion of fights and fighters......but there is definitely lines that should not be crossed. We all seen what happens when it goes too far with Conor and Khabib, and this Usman/Colby fight is absolutely gonna go into immigration, race, and all that shit on Usman......throw the other dirty douche Ali Abdelaziz into the mix and it's a riot just waiting to happen.

Side note. John Morgan was discussing Colby on his podcast yesterday and saying that he feels(and the media feel) that he's straying very close to the point where the media are almost at the point where they won't report on him as it's getting too close to the point where it just causes more issues than it's worth and that people are slowly turning off to him, less clicks...….he's becoming so annoying people are starting to just not care.
    Yeah I can see that........................I mean I get the playing a role thing but you don't have to throw personal attacks on someone who almost died....Chael was a dick but at least he did it tongue in cheek with humor
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I agree, I like CC just because he's trying to sell himself and he's actually a very good fighter even tho not the most entertaining. But yes he is getting a little absurd in his quest for attention and its turning a lot of people off. More people will be watching his fights to hopefully see him lose rather then to see him win.

Crypt Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,920 Times in 5,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    I agree, I like CC just because he's trying to sell himself and he's actually a very good fighter even tho not the most entertaining. But yes he is getting a little absurd in his quest for attention and its turning a lot of people off. More people will be watching his fights to hopefully see him lose rather then to see him win.
    Exactly. He was always a very good fighter, but got no attention prior to his massive change in persona, he had to try something and fair play to him, it worked. But it's starting to turn people off to him now because he's taking it too far.
    Women, Dinosaurs and Violence of the Octagon

Black Belt In Chickenheads!

If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough!

We Are The People!

When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions

Brotherhood
    Thanks
    Yeah I can see that........................I mean I get the playing a role thing but you don't have to throw personal attacks on someone who almost died....Chael was a dick but at least he did it tongue in cheek with humor
    Assaulted his dad multiple times growing up, assaulted random people he didn't like alongside his brother, bullied people, statutory rape, beating his wife, beating his nephew, sexual assault, kidnapping son of the sexaul assault victim when made very clear wants nothing to do with him.

Yeah no, Matt Hughes is a piece of shit. No sympathy from me.